These golden Cheesy Baked Zucchini Bites are like peanuts, it's impossible to eat only one. Serve them with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh chives for a two bite appetizer or snack.
Easy Cheesy Baked Zucchini Bites Recipe
When someone gives you zucchini from their garden, it's time to get creative. It usually doesn't take me very long, when it comes to recipes these zucchini bites. I love zucchini in almost any form and grew-up eating my Mom's zucchini bread like it was a loaf of gold. Pure heaven. These zucchini bites are made in two bite form making them a delicious choice for serving as an appetizer. They never last long.
How to Make the Best Cheesy Baked Zucchini Bites
This recipe features finely grated fresh zucchini that's combined with softened chive and onion cream cheese, melted butter, eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs and plenty of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Toss in some simple seasonings and they're ready to bake in mini muffin pans. I like to top them just before serving with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh chives for a touch of green.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cheesy Baked Zucchini Bites: Grated fresh zucchini, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, panko breadcrumbs, large eggs, butter, chive and onion cream cheese, diced onion, grated Parmesan, hot sauce, garlic salt and black pepper.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: Two 24 count mini muffin pans, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, medium mixing bowl, rubber spatula and small scoop or Tablespoons to divide the batter.
- It's of upmost importance that you remove as must moisture from the fresh zucchini as possible. You can ring it in a lint free clean kitchen towel then pat dry with paper towels, if needed.
- In this recipe I used whole wheat panko breadcrumbs, but you can use either whole wheat or plain panko with no other adjustments needed.
- You can adapt the flavor of cheese to suit your taste. For example, use pepper jack cheese for a kick or colby jack or shredded Gruyere cheese to change the flavor profile slightly.
- These zucchini bites are delicious served warm or at room temperature, and they reheat beautifully. Reheat in single servings in the microwave, in an air fryer or on a sheet pan in a 350°F oven for a few minutes or just until heated through.
- Do you need to make a batch in advance? You can! Make and bake then cool completely and freeze.
- Place frozen zucchini bites in mini muffin tins or onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes at 375°F and they're ready to be served as a swoon-worthy appetizer at your next soiree.
More Easy Zucchini Recipes to Make
- My Mom's Zucchini Bread recipe is the only one you'll ever need!
- Zucchini Bacon Cornbread baked in cast iron is practically a meal on it's own.
- Italian sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats.
- Panko Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries are made in the oven.
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake is rich and fudgy.
- Skillet Potato Hash with Zucchini and Smoked Sausages is a one dish meal.
- Grilled Zucchini Kabobs from Food and Wine.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Baked Zucchini Bites
- 4 oz softened Chive & Onion cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoon butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Few dashes hot sauce optional
- 2 cups packed finely grated zucchini squeezed dry
- 2 cups finely grated sharp cheddar or cheddar blend cheese divided
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs Whole wheat or plain
- ⅓ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sour Cream or plain Greek yogurt for serving
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray the openings of 2 (24) cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Finely grate the zucchini then twist in a kitchen towel or cheese cloth until all moisture is removed. Measure AFTER drying. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, butter, eggs, garlic salt, black pepper and hot sauce, if using. Whisk by hand until smooth.
- Add the zucchini, 1 cup cheese, panko, onion and Parmesan. Mix until fully combined.
- Using a teaspoon or 1-oz ice cream scoop divide evenly between the muffins tins. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt and chopped chives.