This mouthwatering Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Ring recipe features all of the familiar flavors we love wrapped up in crescent roll dough. It comes with the bonus of being able to be cut into desired size portions and picked up or eaten with a fork.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Ring
Tell the family you're having chicken pot pie for dinner and they're sure to come to the table in a hurry. This recipe simplifies things by using crescent rolls as the pastry to hold in the easy filling using rotisseries chicken, steamed frozen vegetables and a simple seasoned sauce. It's just the kind of main dish that everyone seems to love.
How to Make the Best Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Ring Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Ring: Two 8 ounce tubes of original crescent roll dough. chopped rotisserie chicken, one package of frozen mixed vegetables steamed per the package directions. half and half or heavy cream, salt, lemon pepper, poultry seasoning, dry tarragon, green onion and canned cream of chicken soup. You can use Pillsbury crescent rolls or a private label brand that you enjoy for this recipe.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: One large sheet pan or pizza pan, a chopping board plus a sharp knife for chopping the chicken and green onions, measuring cups and spoons, a mixing bowl and whisk to whisk together the sauce. A pastry brush or silicone brush to brush the top with butter. You'll also need a spatula for serving the slices after baking, of course.
- The sauce for this recipe is designed to be easily contained in the crescent roll pastry, so there's very little extra liquid added to the soup. Too much liquid and it will simply ooze out while baking.
- You could also swap out chicken for turkey for a delicious way to use up holiday leftovers.
- If desired, you can serve this crescent ring with gravy on the side for drizzling on top.
- This Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Ring is best baked and eaten, That said, you can chill and reheat leftovers in single serving portions.
- Store leftover chicken pot pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Side dishes you may like to serve with this crescent ring: Buttermilk Ranch Mashed Potatoes, Seven Layer Salad, Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese and make ahead Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole.
More Southern Style Crescent Roll Recipes to Make
Pillsbury crescent rolls are one of those versatile convenience items that can take you from breakfast to supper. They can be used for making sweet or savory dishes. More recipes using crescent rolls you may like to make:
- Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Bombs come together in no time flat for casual meals and snacking.
- Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Crescent Braid is a sweet option perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
- Skip the buns and make this slice and serve Bacon Cheeseburger Crescent Ring, instead.
- Bacon Spinach Crescent Pinwheels are a tasty appetizer or tea time snack.
- Magic Marshmallow Crescent Puffs from Food Network.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Ring
- 2 8 oz tubes original crescent rolls
- 1 10 oz package frozen mixed vegetables steamed per package directions, cooled
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup half and half or milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon dry tarragon
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- 2-3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a large baking pan or round pizza pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Steam vegetables per package directions and set aside to cool.
- To assemble: Place a 5 inch oven safe bowl or ramekin in the center of the baking sheet. Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on the pan with pointed edge facing outwards overlapping to form a ring.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together, soup, half and half, salt, lemon pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic, tarragon and green onion. Mix until fully combined. Add chopped chicken and mixed vegetables, mix well.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly in a circle onto the widest edge of the ring closest to the ramekin.
- Bring each pointed end of dough up and over the filling, tucking each underneath the center of the ring. Try to evenly space the dough pieces.
- Brush the top lightly with melted butter then bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice into even pieces and serve.