This delightful Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Ring recipe can be served as an appetizer, for game day snacking with friends or casual family dinners.
Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Ring Recipe
I love making these sorts of quick, easy and delicious entrees for my family, especially on busy weekdays. This is one of those easy crescent rolls recipes that I can have ready to heat and eat for us in particular on those days we’re all going in different directions. If you find yourself in the same position with a busy family schedule, I can tell you first hand that this crescent ring reheats beautifully. It also utilizes leftover roasted, poached or rotisserie chicken making assembly a cinch.
How to Make the Best Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Ring Recipe
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, sheet pan, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board.
- I recommend using original crescent rolls for this recipe, not buttery or honey crescent rolls.
- When arranging the crescent rolls on the pan, a ramekin placed into the middle of the pan serves as a guide to assist in arranging the dough evenly. Remove this from the pan prior to baking.
- You could use any variety of cheese for this recipe, to suit your taste. Cheese forms the stabilizing edible glue for the filling, and I’ve find that sliced cheese works best.
- You can use poached chicken, roasted chicken, rotisserie chicken or any fully cooked chicken for this crescent ring.
- Should you choose to use shredded cheese, you’ll need three cups total divided into 1 1/2 cups for the bottom layer and 1 1/2 cups to sprinkle over the chicken filling.
- For a timesaver, the filling can be made several hours up to one day in advance, placed into an airtight container and chilled until assembly.
- You can serve this crescent ring alone or with a seven layer salad to complete your meal. It’s also a tasty snack served with ranch dressing for dipping.
- Store leftovers in an an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single portions in the microwave or in a 350°F air fryer for a few minutes just until heated through.
More Southern Style Crescent Roll Recipes to Make
Crescent roll recipes remain a popular choice to form the foundation for a variety of appetizers, brunch recipes, casual meals, simple snacks and game day eats. A few other recipes you may like to try:
- Bacon Spinach Crescent Pinwheels can be served as an appetizer, for brunch or tea time.
- Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Crescent Braid is a sweet pastry everyone will love.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crescent Ring is one that never lasts long.
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole uses crescent rolls to form the top and bottom crust.
- This Turkey Cranberry Crescent Ring is a fan favorite all year!
- French Dip Crescent Ring is a twist on an old favorite with a homemade au jus for dipping.
- Spicy Italian Crescent Ring from I Wash You Dry.
Ingredients Needed to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Ring Recipe
The ingredients for this recipe are super simple and easy to find. This is what you’ll need:
- Two cans of original crescent rolls
- Three cups of chopped cooked chicken
- Cooked bacon. I use regular sliced bacon, but you could use thick cut, if you prefer.
- Twelve slices of Colby Jack cheese
- Dry Ranch dressing mix plus mayonnaise, buttermilk and cream cheese to bind the filling together.
- Green onions or chives for the filling and garnishing.
- Melted butter to brush on the top and Parmesan cheese for added flavor.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Ring
- 2 8 oz tubes crescent rolls
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1.0 oz packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion finely chopped
- bottled ranch dressing for dipping your favorite
- 12 slices colby jack cheese divided use
- 1-2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives garnishing optional
- To make filling: In a medium size mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix together mayonnaise, buttermilk, cream cheese, ranch dressing mix and garlic powder. To the bowl, add bacon, chicken and green onion. Mix well. cover and chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray liberally with cooking spray.
- To assemble crescent ring: Place a ramekin or cereal bowl in center of baking pan. Arrange crescent triangles, slightly overlapping, around ramekin with pointed ends facing outwards.
- Break or cut 5 slices of cheese in half. Arrange overlapping around base of crescent rolls. Top with chicken mixture, then top with whole slices of remaining cheese.
- Bring pointed end of triangle over filling, tucking underneath the other side. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Let stand for 5 minutes then slice and serve garnished with chives and ranch dressing for dipping.