If like me you're a fan of all things coconut these Chocolate-Almond Macaroon Cookies will likely become one of your favorite "go to" indulgences. They're simple to make and satisfy the coconut craving. In this case it includes chocolate, too.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate-Almond Macaroon Cookies
- 1  oz package sweetened flaked coconut
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sliced almonds toasted and divided
- 1  oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips divided [your preference milk/semisweet/dark]
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream plus additional as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flaked coconut, flour, salt and ½ cup almonds.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments repeating until completely smooth. Stir each time.
- Mix with the sweetened condensed milk and almond extract.
- Add to the coconut mixture with the beaten egg and stir until fully combined. The mixture will be stiff.
- Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop or a Tbsp to separate into mounds. Place at least 1 ½ inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes then cool on a cooling rack.
- Melt together the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips with 3 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- Drizzle over the top and sprinkle with the remaining toasted almonds.
- Store covered, do not stack.