This Loaded Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Brittle has it all! It’s filled with chopped pecans, mini chocolate chips, sweet toasted coconut and milk chocolate covered toffee bits. It’s a cookie treat that’s easy to make and even easier to eat.
Easy Loaded Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Brittle Recipe
What is cookie brittle? It’s basically a made from scratch cookie dough that’s pressed onto a pan and baked in a solid piece. After baking, you break the cookie brittle into pieces. While I’ve never been known to turn away from any cookie, this cookie brittle is a nice change. I also love that it’s much like peanut brittle in the sense you can break it into any size you want. Brittle is meant to be random. So although I give a yield for this recipe, keep in mind it’s really up to you. How to make Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle:
- Flour – All purpose flour sifted with baking soda and salt. Baking soda is the only leavening in this cookie brittle. No eggs needed.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Flavoring – Vanilla extract.
- Mix-ins – Mini semi sweet chocolate chips, pecans, sweetened flaked coconut and milk chocolate covered toffee bits.
How to Make the Best Loaded Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Brittle Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Chocolate chip Pecan Cookie Brittle: All purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, mini chocolate chips, chopped pecans, shredded flaked coconut and toffee bits.
- Please note, this recipe does use leavening in the dough in the form of baking powder and baking soda. However, there are no eggs. That isn’t an omission, there are none in this recipe.
- The cookie brittle does expand while baking, so when pressing the dough onto the pan leave around 1/2 inch or so around the edge to allow for expansion.
- Mini chocolate chips work best in this recipe.
- You can use chocolate covered toffee bits or bits-o-brickle in this recipe.
- You can break this cookie brittle into 20 smaller pieces or 12 large it’s your choice. It’s meant to be random so, have fun with it and get the kiddos involved.
- Store cookie brittle in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Frees Loaded Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Brittle frozen for up to 2 months.
Suggestions and Ways to Serve Cookie Brittle
Cookie brittle is amazingly tasty to be so very simple to make, and there’s no need to pull out a mixer at all.
- Cool the cookie brittle completely in the pan then break into random pieces.
- Crumble it over ice cream.
- Package in cellophane bags and give as gifts.
- Serve it as a casual handheld snack for gameday, birthday and potluck parties.
- Serve it as a garnish for homemade hot fudge sundaes or just as is with a glass of milk, for dessert.
More Southern Cookie Recipes to Make
Fill up your cookie jar with these family favorites:
- Kitchen Sink Cookies never last long.
- Butter Pecan Cookies are filled with toasted pecans.
- Homemade Molasses Cookies are sweet and chewy.
- These chewy Rocky Road Brownie Cookies are a drop cooking filled with marshmallows and toasted almonds.
- Soft and pillowy Glazed Lemon Cookies.
- White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies feature white chocolate chips and maraschino cherries in the dough.
- Chocolate Kissed Coconut Macaroons will make a tasty addition to your holiday baking plans.
- The perfect bedtime snack. You may also like this citrus filled Lemon Almond Cookie Brittle from Recipe Girl.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Loaded Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Brittle
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate covered toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pan. Set aside.
- Spread the chopped pecans and shredded coconut on a baking pan. Toast in the oven for 6-8 minutes just until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Use a whisk to sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the butter and sugar stirring until fully moistened.
- To the cookie dough, add mini chocolate chips, pecans, toasted coconut and toffee bits. Mix until evenly distributed. The mixture should be moist but may appear crumbly.
- Press evenly into the jelly roll pan leaving space around the edge for expansion.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden. Cool completely in the pan on a baking rack.
- Break into random size pieces. Store tightly covered at room temperature.