No bake desserts like this Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Fluff are almost too good to be true. The no-cooking-required ingredients come together with ease eliminating the need for special equipment. All that’s needed is a large mixing bowl and spatula with a little elbow grease to combine the dreamy flavors. Coconut pudding, crushed pineapple, maraschino cherries, mini marshmallows and toasted macadamia nuts are combined with whipped cream to to turn this goodness into a no-bake sensation perfect for serving at your next soiree.
During warm weather months no-cook desserts rotate through my kitchen on a regular basis. They’re quick, easy and versatile otherwise known as a triple threat. It’s kind of fun too, that these “fluffy” desserts have so many names. I’ve heard Watergate salad called “green stuff” or “green goop” and pretty-in-pink Cherry Pie Fluff referred to as “pink fluffin’ stuff.” This Hawaiian pineapple-coconut variation was a rainy afternoon kitchen experiment that went wildly right. It can be served at a backyard barbecue or neighborhood picnic but, it’s equally deserving to be enjoyed at your holiday table next to the Christmas and Easter hams. In keeping with the island theme I used macadamia nuts but, you can swap those out for pecans or walnuts, if preferred. For the best results, chill thoroughly then pass out spoons and enjoy.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Hawaiian Pineapple Coconut Fluff
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts toasted and cooled
- 2 3.4 oz coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 8 oz crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 16 oz jar maraschino cherries, well drained
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 16 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the chopped macadamia nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 4-6 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the pudding mix, crushed pineapple, and condensed milk, Stir until the instant pudding has dissolved. (Do not drain the crushed pineapple)
- Fold in the maraschino cherries, marshmallows, whipped topping and toasted macadamia nuts until fully combined. Reserve about 1/2 cup whipped cream and 1 Tbsp of nuts for garnishing.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream, reserved nuts and maraschino cherries, if desired.
If preferred, pecans or walnuts may be used in place of macadamia nuts.