This glorious Pecan Praline Caramel Trifle is a celebration of all of my favorite things. Bite-size cubes of homemade pecan praline buttermilk pound cake are layered with caramel pudding, whipped cream, caramel drizzle and toasted pecans. Add a generous sprinkle of toffee bits and it’s a confection the caramel fans in your life will love.
To expedite the preparation for this pecan praline caramel trifle, I often make the Pecan Praline Buttermilk Pound Cake well in advance, cool, wrap and freeze. Then pull it out of the freezer to thaw in the refrigerator overnight when I need a special dessert. Doing this step in advance means I can move on to assembling the layers in no-time. Serve this irresistible dessert and it’ll turn any gathering into a special occasion.
You may also like: English Trifle, Strawberry Key Lime Cheesecake Trifle, Rainbow Cake Trifle, Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Trifle, Black Forest Trifle, Banana Nutella Trifle and Cream Cheese Carrot Cake Trifle.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Items used in the preparation of this recipe:
Pecan Praline Caramel Trifle
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1 Pecan Praline Buttermilk Pound Cake cubed
- 2 3.4-oz boxes caramel instant pudding mix
- 4 cups half & half
- 1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 8-oz whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 14-oz can dulce de leche or quality caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup bits-o-brickle toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the chopped pecans in a single layer. Toast for 6-8 minutes then set aside to cool completely.
- Bake, cool and cube the Pecan Praline Buttermilk Pound Cake
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer whip together the instant pudding mix and half and half. Beat until thickened but still pourable.
- Add the cream cheese. Beat until completely incorporated about 2-3 minutes.
- By hand fold in 1 (8-oz) whipped topping.
- To assemble: start with 1/3 cake, topped with 1/2 pudding. Repeat ending with cubed cake.
- In a microwave safe bowl warm the dulce de leche until pourable for about 20-30 seconds.
- Drizzle 1/2 over the final layer of cubed cake.
- Frost with the remaining whipped topping.
- Drizzle the whipped topping with the remaining dulce de leche, sprinkle with bits-o-brickle and chopped pecans. (Make sure the dulce de leche is cooled slightly)
- Keep chilled until serving.