Fans of the combination of chocolate and mint will love this stunning Chocolate Fudge Grasshopper Trifle. It features layers of chocolate cake, drizzled with chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of Andes creme de menthe baking bits. It’s then topped with a dreamy mint pudding layer. It’s not only delicious but, it’s pretty enough to be the star of your dessert table .
One of my all-time favorite indulgences is to enjoy an Andes mint or two, after dinner. It’ not something I do everyday but I could without even blinking. There’s just something about that creamy layer of mint sandwiched between smooth chocolate that melts in your mouth like manna from heaven. If eating Andes mints is wrong I don’t wanna be right. My love of that flavor combination and dessert trifles culminate in this edible centerpiece sure to be the talk of your next dessert soiree. Are you a trifle fan? Checkout my recipe for Pecan Praline Caramel Trifle and Outrageous Lemon Lovers Trifle.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Fudge Grasshopper Trifle
- 1 15.25 oz box Chocolate Fudge cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare OR 1 recipe Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
- 1 1/4 cups Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips divided
- 2 3.4 oz packages cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk or half & half
- 1-2 tsp pure Mint or Peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 16 oz whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 16 Mint flavored Thin Oreo Cookies for garnishing
- Prepare the cake per the package directions for a 9 x 13-inch cake pan using the amount of water, oil and eggs as directed.
- Mix 1/2 cup Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips into the batter by hand. Bake accordingly and cool. Cut into bite-size cubes.
- Using a hand or stand mixer whip together the pudding mix, milk and 1 tsp peppermint flavoring until thickened but still pourable. Adjust the mint flavor to your taste.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring. Whip until combined adjusting the color, as needed.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the whipped topping by hand.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the chocolate chips and cream. Melt in 20-30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To assemble: In the bottom of a large trifle bowl or large glass bowl layer in this order..1/3 cubed cake, drizzle with 1/3 melted chocolate, 1/2 pudding filling, 1/4 cup baking bits. Repeat.
- For the top: Finish with the final 1/3 of cubed cake and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Frost with the remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with baking bits arranging cookies on top, as desired.