Fans of the combination of chocolate and mint will love this stunning Chocolate Fudge Grasshopper Trifle. It features layers of chocolate cake, drizzled with chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of Andes creme de menthe baking bits. It’s then topped with a dreamy mint pudding layer. It’s not only delicious but, it’s pretty enough to be the star of your dessert table .
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Fudge Grasshopper Trifle
- 1 15.25 oz box Chocolate Fudge cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare OR 1 recipe Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
- 1 1/4 cups Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips divided
- 2 3.4 oz packages cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk or half & half
- 1-2 tsp pure Mint or Peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 16 oz whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 16 Mint flavored Thin Oreo Cookies for garnishing
- Prepare the cake per the package directions for a 9 x 13-inch cake pan using the amount of water, oil and eggs as directed.
- Mix 1/2 cup Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips into the batter by hand. Bake accordingly and cool. Cut into bite-size cubes.
- Using a hand or stand mixer whip together the pudding mix, milk and 1 tsp peppermint flavoring until thickened but still pourable. Adjust the mint flavor to your taste.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring. Whip until combined adjusting the color, as needed.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the whipped topping by hand.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the chocolate chips and cream. Melt in 20-30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To assemble: In the bottom of a large trifle bowl or large glass bowl layer in this order..1/3 cubed cake, drizzle with 1/3 melted chocolate, 1/2 pudding filling, 1/4 cup baking bits. Repeat.
- For the top: Finish with the final 1/3 of cubed cake and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Frost with the remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with baking bits arranging cookies on top, as desired.