These Chocolate Kissed Coconut Macaroons are a fusion cookie combining classic macaroons and blossom cookies. The simple cookie dough for these cookies bakes slightly chewy on the inside with a crisp toasted coconut exterior. The crowning touch is a chocolate candy kiss pressed into the centers after baking making them positively addictive.
How are These Cookies Different from Classic Macaroons?
Classic coconut macaroons are often made using strictly egg whites and a small amount of cream of tartar to bind the mixture together. They're light, airy and delicious. These macaroon cookies are my absolute favorite. Unlike classic macaroons, this variation includes flour, which makes them a bit more cookie-like with a soft and chewy center and a crispy exterior. My two favorite things. I'm the one who wants the corner and edges of the brownie only, you can keep the center. I make these as often without chocolate kisses as I do with a chocolate center. Either way, we love them, and they never last long in my cookie jar.
Other Cookie Recipes and Macaroon Variations To Try
Cookies are not just a holiday occurrence at our house. You can find me baking cookies all year long. Summer doesn't stop me from turning on the oven to bake a fresh batch at the drop of a hat. I have quite the collection of coconut cookie recipes in the recipe index and a couple of macaroon cookie variations you may like to try.
- These rich Caramel Rum Macaroon Cookies have dulce de leche added to the cookie batter.
- Key Lime Coconut White Chocolate Chip Cookies are bright and fresh.
- Fudgy Chocolate Almond Macaroon Cookies with a chocolate cookie dough paired with the classic flavor of coconut and chocolate.
- Island inspired White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Cookies.
- You may also like to try these Classic Macaroons from That Skinny chicken Can Bake.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Kissed Coconut Macaroons
- 1 14 oz package sweetened angel flaked coconut
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white beaten until frothy
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 24 chocolate kisses unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the coconut, flour and salt.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, beaten egg white and vanilla. Mix well. The mixture will be stiff.
- Use a 2 oz cookie scoop, ice cream scoop or Tbsp to divide the dough dropping 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and gently press a candy kiss into the center.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.