As a family, we have a long-standing love of visiting apple orchards, so to say these Cinnamon Apple Fritters are a family favorite is an understatement. The cinnamon laced buttermilk batter is filled with sweet chunks of apple and then fried until golden and crisp. A generous dusting of powdered sugar and they’re ready to eat immediately as a dessert, brunch treat or snack the choice is yours.
There’s just something exciting about a fresh crop of apples and a bountiful harvest. And the smell of apples in the air is intoxicating. Pure, sweet fruit straight from the tree to your table. One of the many wonders of God’s creation The aroma is particularly pleasing if the orchard also produces cider to go along with these cinnamon apple fritters. The cider bar at one of our favorite apple orchards has a restaurant that serves hot, powdered sugar dusted apple fritters to everyone who enters the door. It’s their way of saying “Welcome y’all!” And, a mighty warm apple’licious welcome it is, if I say so myself. We couldn’t possibly wait until our yearly visits to enjoy them. These apple-filled fritters can be whipped-up in a snap for a taste of apple orchard treats from the heart of my own kitchen. I like to serve them dusted with powdered sugar as you see in the pictures for a pretty presentation and a hint of sweet with each bite. Also, a sweet cinnamon honey butter or apple butter on the side wouldn’t hurt.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cinnamon Apple Fritters
- 2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg or allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] butter melted
- 3/4 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium/large golden delicious apples peeled, cored, small dice
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a heavy bottomed pot heat approximately 5 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, sift together the self-rising flour, sugar, ground cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice and ginger.
- Add the melted butter, buttermilk, beaten eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the diced apple and mix until evenly distributed.
- Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop or a Tbsp to drop into the hot oil. Maintain the oil temp between 350°F-360°F for the best results.
- Cook in batches for approximately 3 minutes per side until golden. Turn for even browning.
- Use a slotted spoon and remove to a paper towel lined cookie sheet to drain.
- Dust with powdered sugar, serve immediately.