The comforting flavor of Cinnamon buns and bread pudding collide in this luscious cinnamon filled Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding recipe.
Easy Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding Recipe
I am a true lover of bread pudding in any flavor. When my friend Lori Lange creator of The Recipe Girl, included this Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding in her latest cookbook, I knew I had to try it. Lori's cookbook has so many great dishes making it difficult to choose where to start. She has a super simple home roasted lemon, herb and garlic chicken that every family needs in their dinner menu recipe file. As well as tasty appetizers, salads and kid-friendly food like her corn dog mini muffins and gooey cheese pepperoni pizza pull-apart bread. There are also theme menus and tips for successful entertaining.
How to Make the Best Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding Recipe
This easy bread pudding combines the familiar flavor that we all love in cinnamon buns. They come with the bonus of making the house smell heavenly while they're baking. It doesn't get any better than that.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding recipe: Day old cubed French bread, butter, milk, sugar, light brown sugar, large eggs, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Plus powdered sugar for dusting the top. You could also serve it with a drizzle of caramel or maple syrup for serving, if desired.
- For the topping you'll need: Melted butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: An 8 x 8 inch deep baking dish, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a whisk and large spoon or silicone spatula for stirring the bread pudding filling together.
- This bread pudding is perfection for make-ahead preparation for the holidays and week brunches.
- You could top this cinnamon bun bread pudding with a vanilla cream glaze, if you'd like. To do so, in a small bowl whisk together 1 cup of powdered sugar with ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and enough heavy cream or milk to thin. Start with one tablespoon at a time and mix, repeating until your desired consistency is reached. Drizzle on each piece of bread pudding just before serving.
- Store leftover Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave in single serving pieces.
Other Cinnamon Spiced Inspired Recipes to Add to the Menu
Cinnamon buns are a vintage dessert that Americans love. It's no surprise, they're soft and fully with just a hint of spice. You may also like to enjoy those same flavors in my recipe for Cinnamon Roll Bread and easy Banana Toffee Cinnamon Rolls. Bread pudding is one of those dishes that can take you from breakfast to dessert and anywhere in-between. Special holiday celebrations, brunch with family or friends or a comforting dessert on a chilly evening. More bread pudding recipes you may like to try:
- Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding is drizzled with a decadent glaze that takes it to another level.
- White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding melts in your mouth!
- Bourbon Soaked Cherry Bread Pudding from Food Network
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding
- 7-8 cups day old french bread cubed
- 3 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon salted butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and spray an 8 x 8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Place the cubed french bread into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour over the cubed bread. Mix well then pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the topping ingredients then sprinkle evenly on top.
- Place into the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or just until the top is golden and the center is set. Test with the tip of a knife inserted into the center, it should come back clean.
- Rest for 5 minutes on the counter before serving dusted with powdered sugar.
Cinnamon bread pudding
Duh, I never would have thought of all these flavors... but I love bread pudding with bourbon sauce.
Sounds grest will try thjs one love any bread pudding . Email is email@example.com
Cherry bread pudding
Banana bread pudding.
I have to say Turtle bead pudding is my favorite. Chopped pecans, caramel, and chocolate. Yum!
I think chocolate would be my favorite - even better with pecans or walnuts. Apple is also on my list of favorites. Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yum this looks delicious and I would love to win her cookbook!
Oooops almost forgot: email@example.com
I enjoy any flavor of bread pudding. As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong with it!! And it uses up my homemade breads, so it's a win win for us--the bread doesn't go to waste, and we get a sweet treat, mainly for breakfast.
BTW if you add some ham into it, it makes an awesome breakfast!!
I love almost every bread pudding flavor, but my sister makes one with Amaretto that is to die for. YUM!
I haven't had it but my husband said he had some one time that was made from Krispy Kreme donuts...he said it was yummy! Sounded yummy to me!
I can't pick my favorite...I like them ALL. BREAD PUDDING is so delicious. It's warm, it's creamy, it's just an amazing dessert.
I love cinnamon with pecans bread pudding
(But do fb me I'm a winner!!!) 🙂
My FAVORITE bread pudding is pumpkin bread pudding with vanilla custard sauce...... Anything pumpkin is for me! The cinnamon bread pudding sounds divine, though.
Cinnamon-apple bread pudding with a caramel sauce. I can taste it now..Mmmm
Vanilla bread pudding
My mother used to make caramel bread pudding. We usually scooped vanilla ice cream on the side. It was the best! Next to having her back, I'd love to taste it again!
Cinnamon is my favorite with pecans and English walnuts. I love cinnamon and I'm nuts about nuts!!!
This may sound a little crazy, but my favorite bread pudding has fruit and cheese in it. But there is no bread pudding I do not like!