These Oven Fried Chicken Tenders are a lighter take on a Southern classic. They bake crispy and golden perfect for serving with your favorite dipping sauces any night of the week.
Oven Fried Chicken Tenders
We Southerners are known for our love of fried chicken and everything you've heard is true. We do. However, we all know we can't eat it everyday. So, we have to come up with ways of enjoying the crunchy breading we love without the guilt. These oven fried chicken fingers are my choice to serve my family on such an occasion. They're lighter but, not lacking in flavor. Crusted with panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, they're simple to make and flavorful.
Use Cooking Spray or Butter for Oven Fried Chicken Tenders
- You can spray these chicken tenders with butter flavored cooking spray to keep them on the lighter side.
- You could also use light butter.
- I prefer spraying them with cooking spray first, then lightly drizzling them with light butter halfway through baking. The reason I choose that technique is, that it gives the breading time to adhere to the chicken. In the case of oven frying, a light drizzle is best.
- You can drizzle them lightly with butter at the beginning of cooking too, if you prefer.
Chicken Tenders are Made for Dipping
Serve these crispy chicken tenders with your favorite dipping sauces such as comeback sauce, ranch dip, or with warm pizza sauce as an entree or an appetizer. You could go with another classic, homemade honey mustard from The Novice Chef.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Oven Fried Chicken Tenders
- 1 ½ lb chicken tenders
- 1 ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon milk
- salt & black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoon butter or light butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Liberally spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together all purpose flour with ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Beat 2 large eggs with 2 tablespoon of milk. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste
- Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, chopped chives and dry Italian seasoning.
- Dredge the chicken pieces through the flour, then the egg wash. Roll in the panko-Parmesan breadcrumbs. Press the breading onto the chicken tenders.
- Arrange on baking pan without touching. Spray the chicken liberally with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes drizzling with melted butter halfway through baking.
- Rest on the pan for 5 minutes then serve. with your favorite dipping sauces.
b) Adjust the baking time according to the size and thickness of the chicken tenders being prepared.
Could sliced chicken breast be used in place of tenders? Those tend to be very pricey and sometimes hard to find.
Sure, no problem at all.
I made these last evening. They were so good especially for being baked instead of fried. I followed the recipe exactly and they were perfectly done, crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Thank you - I'll be making this one again.
Wonderful thanks so much for taking the time to let me know!
My son often eats fried chicken very weekend so that I would like to cook it for him in order to save money. your recipe is very helpful
Hi Stacy my kids, too. It's nice to make this at home for them and they're just as happy with it. Hope he likes it!
Lovely recipe. I'll be sure to give this one a try.
These look delicious! It's always great to see recipes like this that incorporate a healthier side of the dish. Thanks for sharing!
Carol at Wild Goose Mama
This type of a dish is ALWAYS a major winner in my family. Nicely spiced and of course the oven part is excellent