Oven Fried Chicken Fingers are a lighter take on a Southern classic. They bake crisp and golden perfect for serving with your favorite dipping sauces any night of the week.
Oven Fried Chicken Fingers
We Southerners are known for our love of fried chicken and everything you’ve heard is true. We do. However, we all know we can’t eat it everyday. So, we have to come up with ways of enjoying the crunchy breading we love without the guilt. These oven fried chicken fingers are my choice to serve my family on such an occasion. They’re lighter but, not lacking in flavor. Crusted with panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, they’re simple to make and flavorful.
Use Cooking Spray or Butter
- You can spray these chicken fingers with butter flavored cooking spray to keep them truly light or, drizzle them with light butter. I prefer spraying them with cooking spray first, then lightly drizzling them with light butter halfway through baking. The reason I choose that technique is, that it gives the breading time to adhere to the chicken. In the case of oven frying, a light drizzle is best.
- You can drizzle them lightly with butter at the beginning of cooking too, if you prefer.
Serve these crispy chicken fingers with your favorite dipping sauces such as comeback sauce, ranch dip, or with warm pizza sauce as an entree or an appetizer. You could go with another classic, homemade honey mustard from The Novice Chef.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Oven Fried Chicken Fingers
- 1 1/2 lb chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped chopped chives
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- salt & black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp butter or light butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Liberally spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together all purpose flour with 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Beat 2 large eggs with 2 Tbsp of milk. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste
- Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, chopped chives and dry Italian seasoning.
- Dredge the chicken pieces through the flour, then the egg wash. Roll in the panko-Parmesan breadcrumbs. Press the breading onto the chicken tenders.
- Arrange on baking pan without touching. Spray the chicken liberally with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes drizzling with melted butter halfway through baking.
- Rest on the pan for 5 minutes then serve. with your favorite dipping sauces.
b) Adjust the baking time according to the size and thickness of the chicken tenders being prepared.