This easy Japanese Steakhouse Yum Yum Sauce recipe is ideal for serving with a plethora of appetizers, burgers, sandwiches and entrées. Whether you’re servings snacks like egg rolls, or main dishes such as stir fried beef, chicken, pork or seafood this spectacular sauce is sure to fit the bill.
Easy Japanese Steakhouse Yum Yum Sauce Recipe
Have you ever been to a Japanese hibachi style steakhouse and devoured copious amounts of that delectable sauce they serve with pretty much everything? That’s Yum Yum Sauce. I’ve often commented that it’s so tasty I could drink it with a straw. Don’t judge me, this easy sauce is literally good on anything. It’s often referred to as a white sauce although you’ll note the color is slightly pink. Store bought versions tend to vary in color and viscosity.
How to Make the Best Homemade Yum Yum Sauce
This Japanese Steakhouse Yum Yum Sauce recipe is ideal for serving with chicken, pork, steak or any of your favorite hibachi style entrées.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Yum Yum Sauce: Mayonnaise, ketchup or chili sauce (i.e. Heinz or similar), melted butter, granulated sugar, rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar, sriracha sauce, garlic salt, paprika, garlic powder and sesame oil.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A medium bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons and airtight container for storing.
- Can I lighten up this recipe? You can adjust the calories for this recipe just like any dressing by using a lower fat mayonnaise of choice.
- Can I adjust the sweetness? You can also lower the sugar content using your favorite sugar substitute in place of the sugar called for in the recipe. Depending on what you use, you may also need to adjust the amount.
- Can I make this sauce ahead of time? I highly recommend that you do make it several hours in advance, or even one day in advance and let it chill overnight to allow the flavors to come together and balance.
- How long can I store Yum Yum Sauce? You can store this sauce chilled in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- How do you serve it? We use it as a dipping sauce for french fries, or grilled steak, chicken, pork, fried or grilled shrimp and fish. It’s also might tasty served on hamburgers or with vegetables as a dip. I hesitate to call this “copycat” because as with all of my recipes, this is my personal take on yum yum sauce.
More Easy Homemade Sauce Recipes to Make
This Japanese steakhouse style Yum Yum Sauce is addictive and my hope is, that you’ll find as many uses for it as we have. A few other homemade sauce recipes you may like to try:
- My recipe for Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce is simple to make using pantry staples.
- Homemade Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce is the perfect option for dressing pork, chicken. kabobs, brisket and beyond.
- My Special Burger Sauce is another copycat recipe you can make at home.
- Homemade Cocktail Sauce for your next back of peel and eat shrimp.
- The best ever Ranchero Sauce recipe.
- Southern Comeback Sauce is delicious for dipping seafood, chicken, vegetables and more.
- Seafood ready Copykat Red Lobster Tarter Sauce from Copycat Recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Japanese Steakhouse Yum Yum Sauce
- 1 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce [more or less to taste]
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Cover and chill thoroughly for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container chilled for up to 3 days.