Dijon Sausage Filled Breakfast Pastries
- 1  count can big flaky biscuits [i.e. Grands! Flaky Layers Biscuits]
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives/green onion tops
- 2-3 Tbsp Dijon mustard [more or less to your taste]
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Saute the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned and no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add the softened cream cheese, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt and black pepper to taste. Cook the mixture for a couple of minutes just until the cream cheese melts.
- Add the chives or green onions tops, your preference. Place into an airtight container. Store chilled until using.
- When your ready to prepare the pastries, preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut each biscuit in half through the middle.
- Flatten the biscuit to a 3-inch circle and place a heaping teaspoon of the filling into the center. Fold the dough over the filling and crimp the edges with a fork or a pastry wheel.
- Brush the tops with the beaten egg wash and arrange them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F for 14-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with additional Dijon mustard on the side if desired.
This will make 16-20 pastries [or more] depending on how you divide the filling. Be careful not to overfill so the filling will stay inside of the pastry. If you'd like to make a half batch the leftover filling freezes well.