This no-bake Double Chocolate Oreo Pie is a no-fuss dessert ideal for picnics, weekend dessert indulgences or any special celebration. Double chocolate is always a good thing.
Easy Double Chocolate Oreo Pie Recipe
Cookies are a fun ingredient to incorporate into easy dessert making. Whether I'm making a red velvet Oreo ice box pie, chocolate mint cookie bark or lemon bliss cheesecake using cookies adds versatility. This double chocolate Oreo pie is made with an easy fluffy chocolate pudding filling embellished with crushed cookies for texture. It works like a charm.
How to Make the Best Double Chocolate Oreo Pie Recipe
What makes this a double chocolate pie? This pie not only has a creamy chocolate filling, but the crust is chocolate too. It's not difficult to make at all and needs so few ingredients cook's of all skill levels can make it. As always, I like to mention just a few pointers to for pie making success.
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for Double Chocolate Oreo Pie: 1 family size package of double chocolate Oreo cookies, melted butter, plain cream cheese, half and half or whole milk, instant chocolate pudding or chocolate fudge pudding mix and whipped topping.
- Before you begin, take a few minutes to divide the Oreo cookies for the crust, the filling and for garnishing. I reserved 5 whole cookies for garnishing as seen in the images, but you may adapt depending on how you intend to finish and decorate the pie.
- Should you choose to, you may crush and incorporate all of the cookies, apart from the 20 reserved for the crust, into the filling.
- You can also use homemade whipped cream for the filling and for garnishing. When doing so, you'll need 2 cups of fresh whipped cream for the filling and 1 cup for garnishing.
- Allow ample time for the pie to chill in the refrigerator and set before attempting to slice for the cleanest piece of pie.
- This pie can be made one day ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until serving. Wait and decorate the top just before serving.
- The filling for this pie is generous. Should you choose to go with a standard premade Oreo crust, you could likely yield two pies.
- This pie should be kept chilled in the refrigerator and will last for up to 5 days. You can also freeze this creamy chocolate pie for up to 1 month.
More Easy Pie Recipes to Make
This Double Chocolate Oreo Pie pie is ideal for sharing with friends and family whether you're hosting a back yard picnic, a neighborhood cookout or for year-round holiday celebrations. More pie recipe you may like to try:
- My Chocolate Chess Pie recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
- Old fashioned Butterscotch Pie has a creamy buttery pudding filling.
- Retro Millionaire Pie is perfect for entertaining.
- Mile High Coconut Cream Pie has a creamy no cook coconut pudding filling.
- Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie.
- Jello Pie from Spaceships and Laser Beams.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Double Chocolate Oreo Pie
- 1 1 lb 4 oz family size package chocolate Oreo cookies divided
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 8 oz block plain cream cheese softened
- 2 cups cold half and half or whole milk
- 1 3.4 oz box instant chocolate or chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed divided
- Before you begin: Divide the Oreos using 20 for the crust and 5 whole cookies for garnishing. Roughly crush the remaining for the filling in a plastic storage bag using a rolling pin.
- To make the crust: Pulse 20 Oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs. Mix with butter. Press firmly onto the bottom and sides of a 9 inch deep dish pie pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese using an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whip together half and half and pudding mix until thickened. Add to cream cheese beating with mixer until fully combined.
- Add ½ whipped topping and crushed Oreos. Fold into the filling with a large spoon or spatula, until fully combined.
- Spread filling evenly into crust. Decorate the top with remaining whipped topping and reserved cookies.
- Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight to set.
- Store leftovers chilled.
Leave a Reply