This Mile High Coconut Cream Pie is proof you’ll never see a skimpy pie come out of my kitchen. It’s filled with a dreamy no-bake filling that makes you want to stop and savor each and every bite. While the ingredients are quite common and easy to find, you won’t believe the way they taste when they come together. The filling makes enough for 2 pies but, not for me I simply love making one pie with it just to see the eyes of my dessert eaters light up when it’s sliced and served.
The base of the filling is a dry whipped topping mix combined with vanilla pudding. Dream Whip is a brand of whip topping mix you can easily find on the baking aisle of most any local grocery stores. It gives a really pleasing texture and taste to the pie filling. One box contains 2 envelopes and for this recipe I use both. Start with a homemade or quality premade pie crust, whatever your preference, baked and cooled. Fill it up with the fluffy coconut cream filling and it’s a coconut lovers dream come true.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Mile High Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 9-inch frozen deep dish pie crust
- 1 2.6 oz box Dream Whip contains 2 packages. Use both
- 2 3/4 cup cold half & half divided
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 3.4 oz instant coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut plus 1 Tbsp
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Fit with parchment and fill with beans or pie weights. Blind bake the pie crust for 8-10 minutes then remove the pie weights and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes. Cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip both envelopes of Dream Whip with 1 3/4 cup half & half until soft peaks form, around 5 minutes.
- Add both the vanilla pudding mix and the coconut cream pudding mix and the remaining 1 cup half & half to the bowl. Whip for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Mix in 1 cup flaked coconut by hand. Pour the filling into the cooled shell and spread evenly. Set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites. Add the cream of tarter and gradually add the granulated sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the meringue over the filling. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp flaked coconut.
- Place onto a baking sheet and into the oven. Broil for 5 minutes turning as needed for even browning of the meringue.
- Chill for 4 hours.