This scrumptious lasagna earned its name due to the simple preparation. Easy Cheesy Lasagna utilizes no-boil noodles making it a cinch to put together. A robust meat sauce is layered with classic ricotta cheese and mozzarella then it can be baked or chilled until dinner time. Classic Italian made easy.
Easy Cheesy Lasagna Recipe
I often get requests for busy day meals. Being a Mom myself, I completely relate and understand the daily meal dilemma. Lasagna is a classic Italian favorite for my family, but, the technique I typically use to make it is a process and I wouldn’t describe it as “no fuss.” So, I set about to put together a lasagna that would be much easier to assemble on hectic days. Italian dishes are among my very favorite meals to assemble in advance. The flavors tend to become even more robust and it really helps busy Parents get food on the table with less hassle.
Utilize No-Boil Noodles to Save Prep Time for Easy Cheesy Lasagna
The biggest time saver with this lasagna is using no boil noodles. They’re readily available in most supermarkets, and they make lasagna so much simpler to prepare.
- To save time, the sauce can be made in advance and either frozen or kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before assembling..
- You can also assemble the entire lasagna one day in advance for a true time saver.
- When assembling in advance, allow 20 minutes on the counter to warm a bit before baking. Adjust the baking time, as needed.
- You may also like to try this lower carb Zucchini Lasagna from Domestic Superhero.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Easy Cheesy Lasagna
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion diced
- olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp black pepper divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp dry Italian seasoning [plus 1 tsp]
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 2 24 oz jars pasta sauce [i.e. Bertolli 5 Cheese or similar]
- 1 8 oz Italian seasoned tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 12 oz box no boil lasagna noodles
- 2 12 oz containers ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 4 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese or Italian Blend of Cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- To make the sauce: On the stove top in a deep pot over medium-high heat cook beef, sausage and onion in a couple of drizzles of olive oil until no pink remains Season with salt and 1 tsp black pepper.. Drain excess fat from pot.
- To the pot add garlic, 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning and bay leaf. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta sauce, tomato sauce and basil. Simmer for 15 minutes then remove from the heat. Remove bay leaf from the sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl mix together ricotta, eggs, 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan, and remaining 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning. Add 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- To assemble: Ladle 1/2 cup sauce into the bottom of the prepared dish. Arrange one layer of lasagna noodles over sauce.
- Spread noodles with 1/3 of the ricotta. Cover with 1/3 meat sauce then sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with noodles, meat sauce and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil spritzed with cooking spray. Bake covered for 1 hour.
- Uncover, and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the noodles are fork tender.
- Let stand on counter for 10 minutes then cut and serving.
This lasagna freezes well. Bake, cool completely, then cut into portions. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then reheat in a 350°F oven until heated through.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 1340mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 392IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 285mg | Iron: 2mg