This oh-so-easy Chocolate Mint Fudge features the classic flavor combination we all love. It makes a stunning and colorful addition to your holiday sweets menu year-round.
Easy Chocolate Mint Fudge is a Year Round Sweet Treat
I know we often think of candy making around the holidays. Rightly so, this is the type of indulgence we all love to have available for snacking in abundance during special occasions. I enjoy pulling a treat like this out throughout the year for my family to enjoy simply on it's own, when there aren't so many other distractions. The vibrant green color makes it as appropriate for St Patrick's Day as it is for Christmas and New Year's celebrations.
Helpful Tips for Making Fudge
- You'll be delighted to know that this fudge doesn't require cooking to soft ball stage using a thermometer. That said, there's still a need to work quickly, so gather your ingredients prior to beginning the process.
- You can line the pan with foil or parchment, whatever you have on hand. You still need to spritz with cooking spray or butter for easy release.
- I find that having both chocolate layers melting at the same time helps to expedite assembling. Keep in mind, the microwave will take less time than a double boiler so, adjust accordingly.
- If you don't have a double boiler, use a tempered glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Don't let the water touch the bottom of the bowl.
- There's no wrong amount of green food coloring for this fudge. Add in small drops and mixing until your desired color is reached.
- When mixing in the marshmallow cream to the melted semi sweet chocolate, do so over the double boiler to help it melt and mix into the chocolate smoothly.
- The nature of this fudge, gives you opportunity to lightly swirl the colors together and make a pretty pattern on top. Have fun, and let your creative side come to life.
Other Chocolate Mint Goodies to Try
This flavor combination is a treat year-round and shouldn't be reserved only for the holidays. A few other recipes in the Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen recipe index you may enjoy:
- Stunning Chocolate Fudge Grasshopper Trifle
- Easy Mint Chocolate Cookie Bark so simple the kids can help
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Ice Cream from The Chunky Chef
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Mint Fudge
- 2 cups semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) divided
- 1 7 oz marshmallow cream
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp mint extract
- green food coloring
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment leaving overhang. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt together semi sweet chocolate chips with 2 Tbsp butter. Do not let water touch bottom of bowl. Once melted add ½ sweetened condensed milk. Mix until fully combined, then add marshmallow cream.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl using the melt function or on 50% power, melt white chocolate with 2 Tbsp butter. Melt in 30 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Remove from microwave, mix in remaining sweetened condensed milk and mint extract. Add a few drops green food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Once semi sweet chocolate is melted add ½ sweetened condensed milk. Mix until fully combined, then add marshmallow cream. Mix until marshmallow cream has melted.
- Pour chocolate into pan. Top with white chocolate. use a knife or a skewer to swirl. Cool to room temperature then chill for 4 hours or just until set.
- Remove fudge from pan using parchment. Cut into 36 one inch pieces.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.