This post is brought to you by Karo ® Corn Syrup ~ Easy Fruit and Nut Granola is a scrumptious oven baked treat. It’s not only fun to make but, it’s packed with texture and flavor. It’s made with a combination of oats, dried fruit, nuts and shredded coconut. The glaze is a heavenly amalgamation of smooth Karo ® Corn Syrup, brown sugar and oil embellished with a splash of vanilla and a touch of cinnamon. Its slowly roasted in the oven on low until it becomes perfectly crispy, golden and ready for munching.
When it comes to versatility, homemade granola tops the list. The uses vary from eating a big bowl as an alternative to cereal, to simple snacking. Granola can turn yogurt into a scrumptious parfait and can be sprinkled on your choice of baked fruit transforming it into a fruit crisp to be enjoyed for dessert any night of the week. It’s such a simple snack to make, and it’s a great opportunity to get the kids involved with their choice of mix-ins. In turn, they become excited about their delicious creation and consider homemade granola a fun snacking option. The key to the gooey velvety coating for this Easy Fruit and Nut Granola is Karo ® Corn Syrup. When combining Karo ® Light Corn Syrup with the other ingredients, it provides the perfect glaze.
I recommend using a mixture of old fashioned and quick cooking oats for the pleasing texture it lends to the granola. Since oats form the foundation, it leaves plenty of room for personalizing with mix-ins.For added crunch, I chose a generous helping of sliced almonds and pecan halves. A combination of golden raisins, dried cranberries and blueberries provided the chewy texture. Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and shredded coconut add color and variety making this fruit, nut and oat sensation irresistible.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclaimer ~ This post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Karo® Corn Syrup. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share products with you that I enjoy.
Easy Fruit and Nut Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups quick cooking oats Not instant
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups any combination dried cranberries, raisins or blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and coconut. Mix until evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Karo® Light Corn Syrup, brown sugar, oil, water, vanilla and salt until fully combined.
- Pour glaze over dry ingredients. Mix with a large spoon until evenly coated. Spread evenly onto an extra-large rimmed baking sheet or two large rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- After 1 hour, remove from oven and mix-in dried fruit. Spread on wax paper to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. May also be packaged in freezer bags and frozen.
- You may adjust the baking time based on your personal preference. If the color and flavor suits your taste at 45 minutes, remove from the oven at that time.
- Have fun with the mix-ins using the combination of nuts and dried fruits that you enjoy.
- Cool completely prior to adding chocolate or white chocolate chips.