This Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche is a savory main dish that's simple to make with everyday ingredients that are easy to find. Serve it for brunch, lunch or dinner any day of the year.
Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
Whether you're hosting a casual brunch, reinventing leftovers into another dish or preparing a simple dinner for the family, quiche is a tasty option. Quiche is really a savory pie, and the filling can often be adapted using the ingredients you have on hand. I have a bit of an obsession with quiche and assure you real men will eat it. My sons will polish off quiche in pretty much any flavor.
Quiche Making Tips
While quiche in general, is simple to make, it's important that you follow the recipe closely.
- Quiche 101. Place the pie crust on a baking sheet to make it easier to move in and out of the oven. When filled, it can be a challenge to move otherwise.
- The flavor of cheese can be adapted using your favorite flavor of cheese in the same amount. Pepper-jack cheese will lend a nice kick and likewise a Colby or mild cheddar cheese a less robust flavor. You could even pair Swiss cheese with the ham in this recipe.
- You can go to town with fresh herbs in this quiche. Meaning, if you prefer fresh chives, thyme or tarragon you can use them but, adjust the amount depending on the potency of the flavor of the herb you use.
- I most often use a quality frozen deep dish pie crust when making quiche. There's no need to thaw the crust, simply fill and bake.
- The quiche filling will puff up while baking. This is normal, it will settle on it's own as it cools. Give it ample time to cool before cutting.
- This quiche reheats well.
Other Quiche Recipes to Add to the Menu
- Italian inspired Artichoke and Pancetta Quiche
- Easy Sausage Quiche
- Potato Crusted Sausage and Spinach Quiche
- Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche will have the family running to the table.
- Western omelet quiche remains a fan favorite
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 9 inch deep dish frozen pie shell
- 8 oz fully cooked ham cubed
- 1 ½ cup shredded medium or sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pie shell on a baking sheet.
- Arrange ham and 1 cup cheese over the bottom of the pie shell.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together half and half, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, mustard, paprika, garlic, onion powder and nutmeg. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour evenly over ham and cheese. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Check edges for browning and cover loosely with foil, if needed. Continue to bake another 15-20 minutes or until set when gently shaken.
- Let stand on a baking rack at least 30 minutes prior to cutting.