This Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche recipe is a savory main dish that’s simple to make with everyday ingredients that are easy to find. It’s also a delicious way to transform leftover holiday ham into a round two meal. You can serve it for brunch, lunch or dinner any time of year.
Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
Whether you’re hosting a casual brunch, reinventing leftovers into another dish or preparing a simple dinner for the family, quiche is a tasty option. Quiche is really a savory pie, and the filling can often be adapted using the ingredients you have on hand. I have a bit of an obsession with quiche and assure you real men will eat it. My sons will polish off quiche in pretty much any flavor. Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Ham and Cheese Quiche:
- Crust – One 9 inch deep dish frozen pie shell.
- Ham – Cubed fully cooked ham.
- Cheese – Shredded medium or sharp cheddar cheese.
- Milk – Half and half or light cream.
- Eggs – 6 large eggs.
- Seasonings – Fresh Italian parsley, salt, freshly ground black pepper, ground mustard, smoked paprika, granulated garlic or garlic powder, onion powder and ground nutmeg.
How to Make the BEST Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
While quiche in general, is simple to make, it’s important that you follow the recipe closely.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need to make this simple Ham and Cheese Quiche: One sheet pan, medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, cheese grater and whisk.
- Quiche 101. Place the pie crust on a baking sheet to make it easier to move in and out of the oven. When filled, it can be a challenge to move otherwise.
- The flavor of cheese can be adapted using your favorite flavor of cheese in the same amount. Pepper-jack cheese will lend a nice kick and likewise a Colby or mild cheddar cheese a less robust flavor. You could even pair Swiss cheese with the ham in this recipe.
- Grate your own cheese for the best flavor.
- You can go to town with fresh herbs in this quiche. Meaning, if you prefer fresh chives, thyme or tarragon you can use them but, adjust the amount depending on the potency of the flavor of the herb you use.
- I most often use a quality frozen deep dish pie crust when making quiche. There’s no need to thaw the crust, simply fill and bake.
- You can use a homemade pie crust or a refrigerated crust for quiche. If you use a homemade crust such as my Flaky Pie Crust dock the bottom with a fork, fill with pie weights and blind bake it at 375°F for 8-10 minutes prior to filling.
- The quiche filling will puff up while baking. This is normal, it will settle on it’s own as it cools. Give it ample time to cool and set before cutting.
- This quiche reheats well. You can reheat in single servings in the microwave or lay foil on top and reheat in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes or just until heated through.
- You can freeze Ham and Cheese Quiche for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat as noted above.
More Easy Quiche Recipes to Make
- Italian inspired Artichoke and Pancetta Quiche.
- Easy Sausage Quiche is so simple that cook’s of all skill levels can make it with success.
- Potato Crusted Sausage and Spinach Quiche uses hash browns as the base.
- Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche will have the family running to the table.
- Western Omelet Quiche remains a fan favorite year after year.
- Canadian Bacon Hash Brown Quiche skips the crust using shredded hash browns instead.
- This Ricotta Spinach Quiche makes a meal any time of day.
- Veggie Lovers Quiche from Family Food on the table.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 9 inch deep dish frozen pie shell
- 8 oz fully cooked ham cubed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded medium or sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pie shell on a baking sheet.
- Arrange ham and 1 cup cheese over the bottom of the pie shell.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together half and half, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, mustard, paprika, garlic, onion powder and nutmeg. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour evenly over ham and cheese. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Check edges for browning and cover loosely with foil, if needed. Continue to bake another 15-20 minutes or until set when gently shaken.
- Let stand on a baking rack at least 15-20 minutes prior to cutting.