This Ricotta Spinach Quiche is a tasty main dish option for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Add a salad or fruit compote on the side for a delicious and filling meal.
Easy Ricotta Spinach Quiche Recipe
Admittedly, I’m a bit crazy for quiche. I have many recipes in the recipe index in different flavor combinations. They’re one of those dishes that sound impressive and fussy to make but they really aren’t difficult at all. Think of quiche as a savory pie of sorts and once you combine the ingredients and pour it into the pie shell the oven does the rest.
How to Make the Best Ricotta Spinach Quiche Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Ricotta Spinach Quiche: One 9 inch deep dish pie crust, ricotta cheese, heavy cream, butter, baby spinach, green onions, minced garlic, shredded mozzarella cheese, chopped fresh basil, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes, onion powder and ground nutmeg.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A 9 inch deep dish pie pan, skillet, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, whisk, cheese grater and cooling rack.
- You can use a refrigerated pie crust, a frozen pie crust or homemade pie crust. You’ll want to par bake the crust for just a few minutes, 5-8 total prior to filling. Five minutes is ample for a refrigerated or frozen crust. A homemade pie crust tends to be a bit thicker so 7-8 minutes is best. It will continue to cook while the quiche bakes, this is just to seal the surface.
- You can use full fat or low fat ricotta for this recipe. It was developed using full fat.
- The cherry tomatoes not only add color and texture but they pair beautifully with spinach. They just work so well in this quiche recipe. Use a fork to move them about and place them evenly on the surface gently moving them around in the custard until they are spaced evenly and look the way you want.
- What to serve with Ricotta Spinach Quiche: Depending on the time of day you may like to serve a Fruit Salad or a Grape Salad. You could also make a Seven Layer Salad in advance and add a side of Easy No Knead Yeast Rolls or Homemade Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.
- Store baked Ricotta Spinach Quiche chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings gently in the microwave.
- You can also reheat in a preheated 350°F oven just until heated through with a piece of aluminum foil on top.
More Quiche Recipes to Make
- Crustless Spinach Quiche for those who want to skip the crust.
- Western Omelet Quiche is a viral Pinterest sensation.
- Classic Quiche Lorraine is always a winning option.
- Cornbread and Sausage Quiche is rich and delicious.
- Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche may have the kiddos eating their vegetables and loving it!
- Canadian Bacon Hash Brown Quiche uses shredded hash browns for the crust.
- Mushroom Quiche from Simply Recipe.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ricotta Spinach Quiche
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust frozen, refrigerated or homemade
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese divided use
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prick bottom of pie crust and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a medium size skillet, melt butter. Add spinach and green onions, cooking over medium high for 1-2 minutes or just until spinach has welted and released juice. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and ricotta with basil, salt, pepper, onion powder and nutmeg. Add spinach, onions, 1 cup cheese and 1 Tbsp Parmesan. Mix until evenly distributed. Pour evenly into pie crust.
- Use a fork to evenly distribute the spinach. Arrange tomatoes on top and sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup shredded cheese and 1 Tbsp Parmesan.
- Bake for 10 minutes then lower oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 30-40 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Cool on a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes prior to slicing.