This Cheesy Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna was a happy accident born out of necessity. The flavor combination is akin to that of a spinach artichoke dip in lasagna form. It's easy enough for a weekday, yet impressive enough for company.
Spinach Dip Inspired Cheesy Chicken Lasagna
On the particular day I developed this lasagna, I had a hungry family plus friends to feed in a hurry. I had to get creative with what I had in my fridge and pantry in a hurry. In a bit of a dinner time bind, I took no boil lasagna noodles and slathered them with a mixture of spinach and chopped artichokes along with the same seasonings used in spinach dip. A layer of chopped cooked chicken gave it a twist turning it into a main dish. The noodles are layered with lots of cheese and rotisserie chicken then topped off with a drizzle of prepared Alfredo sauce. It comes together with ease and bakes like a dream.
Helpful Tips for Making Lasagna
I rarely leave Costco without a rotisserie chicken, even if I don't plan on using it right away. I immediately remove the meat from the bone, wrap tightly and freeze. It's a true lifesaver on days when I need to put together a meal that will satisfy my hungry family and friends.
- Due to using rotisserie chicken, the filling requires no additional cooking at all and using no boil noodles makes it even easier. This is one more use for those ready-made chickens at the grocery store.
- If needed, you can assemble this lasagna in advance then have it ready to pop into the oven when you get in from a busy day. Simply cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- When making in advance, allow a few minutes on the counter before baking or add 5-10 minute to the baking time.
- If you love spinach artichoke dip you'll flip for this main dish lasagna featuring the same flavors. It doesn't get any better than that.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna
- 1 15 oz container part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 8 oz container spreadable chive & onion cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup prepared Ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 10 oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and dried
- 1 14 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 tablespoon divided
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoon red pepper flakes Adjust to your taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oven ready Lasagna noodles
- 4 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella or pepper jack cheese cheese divided.
- 3 cups prepared Alfredo sauce divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray the bottom and sides of a deep 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl use an electric mixer to whip together the ricotta, cream cheese, Ranch dressing and sour cream until fluffy and combined
- By hand mix in the spinach, artichoke hearts, green onion, ⅓ cup Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- To assemble drizzle the bottom of the dish with with ⅔ cup Alfredo sauce and arrange 5 noodles over the sauce.
- Spread the noodles with ½ of the spinach filling, top with ½ chopped chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat ending with a final layer of noodles.
- Drizzle the remaining Alfredo sauce on top and spread to cover.the noodles. Cover with foil and bake for 55 minutes or until the noodles are fork tender.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese and 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes longer until golden and bubbly. Broil at the end to brown further, if desired.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then cut and serve. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley.