This Cheesy Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna was a happy accident born out of necessity. In a bit of a dinner time bind, I took no boil lasagna noodles and slathered them with a mixture of spinach and chopped artichokes along with the same seasonings we love in spinach artichoke dip. I added a layer of cooked chicken giving it a bit of a twist turning it into a main dish. The noodles are layered with lots of cheese and rotisserie chicken then topped off with a drizzle of prepared Alfredo sauce. It comes together with ease and bakes like a dream. Easy enough for a weekday impressive enough for company.
On the particular day I made this, I had a hungry family plus friends to feed in a hurry and I had to get creative with what I had in my fridge and pantry. If you’ve been with me very long you know I never leave Costco without a rotisserie chicken, even if I don’t plan on using it right away. I immediately remove the meat from the bone, wrap tightly and freeze. It’s a true lifesaver on days when I need to put together a meal that will satisfy my hungry family and friends.
Due to using rotisserie chicken, the filling requires no additional cooking at all and using no boil noodles makes it even easier. If needed, you can certainly assemble this lasagna in advance then have it ready to pop into the oven when you get in from a busy day. If you love spinach artichoke dip you’ll flip for this main dish lasagna featuring the same flavors. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna
- 1 15-oz part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 8-oz spreadable Onion & Chive cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup prepared Ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 10-oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and dried
- 1 14-oz can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 Tbsp divided
- 1 Tbsp dry Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes Adjust to your taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oven ready Lasagna noodles
- 4 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella or pepper jack cheese cheese divided.
- 3 cups prepared Alfredo sauce divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray the bottom and sides of a deep 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl use an electric mixer to whip together the ricotta, cream cheese, Ranch dressing and sour cream until fluffy and combined
- By hand mix in the spinach, artichoke hearts, green onion, 1/3 cup Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- To assemble drizzle the bottom of the dish with with 2/3 cup Alfredo sauce and arrange 5 noodles over the sauce.
- Spread the noodles with 1/2 of the spinach filling, top with 1/2 chopped chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat ending with a final layer of noodles.
- Drizzle the remaining Alfredo sauce on top and spread to cover.the noodles. Cover with foil and bake for 55 minutes or until the noodles are fork tender.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese and 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes longer until golden and bubbly. Broil at the end to brown further, if desired.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then cut and serve. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley.