Making your own Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce is so simple once you try it yourself you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing it long before now. It literally takes minutes to toss everything into a stand blender to puree until smooth and the flavor is so fresh. Make one batch and you’ll have plenty of pizza sauce to pop into the freezer making future meals a snap to create. I use this sauce for the dipping sauce for my Pull Apart Pepperoni Bread Sticks or when my sons request a pizza feast using my go-to pizza dough.
Like you, my life gets crazy at times. Being the chief chauffeur and bottle washer I’m always busy toting my sons between their activities. On buy days it seems super simple to skip cooking and just order a pizza for dinner. I’m just keepin’ it real here, y’all. With a little pre-planning and preparation you can have the pizza dough ready and slow-rising in the fridge and this pizza sauce ready in minutes. The only thing let to do is load-up your pizzas with plenty of gooey cheese and all of your favorite toppings.
The different styles of tomatoes and the Italian seasoned tomato paste, gives a thicker texture to this tomato sauce that makes it rich and satisfying. After making your pizzas, separate any remaining sauce into 1 cup portions and store in freezer safe plastic bags. That makes today’s effort work for your future busy self. You’ll be so glad that you did.
- 1 (28-oz) can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (5-oz) basil, garlic and oregano seasoned tomato paste
- 2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- Pour all of the ingredients into a stand blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Uncover, taste and adjust the salt to your taste, if needed.
- Use immediately or separate into 1 cup portions and freeze in freezer safe plastic bags for future use.