Making your own Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce is so simple. Once you try it yourself you'll wonder why you haven't been doing it all along. It literally takes minutes to toss everything into a stand blender to puree until smooth and the flavor is so fresh. Make one batch and you'll have plenty of pizza sauce to pop into the freezer making future meals a snap to create.
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
Like you, my life gets crazy at times. Being the chief chauffeur and bottle washer, I'm always busy toting my sons between their activities. On busy days, it seems super simple to skip cooking and just order a pizza for dinner. I'm just keepin' it real here, y'all. With a little pre-planning and preparation you can have the pizza dough ready and slow-rising in the fridge and this pizza sauce ready in minutes. The only thing let to do is load-up your pizzas with plenty of gooey cheese and all of your favorite toppings.
Tomato Paste Gives a Full-Bodied Texture
The different styles of tomatoes and the Italian seasoned tomato paste, gives a thicker texture to this tomato sauce that makes it rich and satisfying.
- After making your pizzas, separate any remaining sauce into one cup portions and store in freezer safe plastic bags for future meals.
- I use this sauce as the dipping sauce for my Pull Apart Pepperoni Bread Sticks and Chicken Parmesan Stromboli.
- Of course, it also works when my son's request a pizza feast at home using my go-to recipe for pizza dough.
- It's a spectacular choice for dipping homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks from Fifteen Spatulas.
- Making this sauce in advance is making today's effort work for your future self. On a busy day, you'll be so glad you did.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 28 oz can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 5 oz can basil, garlic and oregano seasoned tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- Pour all of the ingredients into a stand blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Uncover, taste and adjust the salt to your taste, if needed.
- Use immediately or separate into 1 cup portions and freeze in freezer safe plastic bags for future use.
There is no recipe on the page!!! Would love to try it but...
You scrolled right past it to leave this comment.
Your recipe is easy, but is it possible to use only fresh tomatos ? Please let me know.
I have a recipe for tomato sauce here using fresh tomatoes.
I am sure you can properly can this. I would put in 1 T of lemon juice to make sure the of the right acid level. Then can in boiling water for about 30 mins. Make sure you know the proper way to can things. Melissa some people might now have the space to freeze things. I know I don't and I do a lot of canning.
I can't get your recipes to print properly from either my phone or my computer. Just an FYI.
Hi Jan, no idea why it won't load for you but, it's working fine.
Can this be canned?
I think it could using proper canning techniques but, there's no need to go to that trouble. If freezes beautifully.