Making your own Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce is so simple. Once you try it yourself you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing it all along. It literally takes minutes to toss everything into a stand blender to puree until smooth and the flavor is so fresh. Make one batch and you’ll have plenty of pizza sauce to pop into the freezer making future meals a snap to create.
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
Like you, my life gets crazy at times. Being the chief chauffeur and bottle washer, I’m always busy toting my sons between their activities. On busy days, it seems super simple to skip cooking and just order a pizza for dinner. I’m just keepin’ it real here, y’all. With a little pre-planning and preparation you can have the pizza dough ready and slow-rising in the fridge and this pizza sauce ready in minutes. The only thing let to do is load-up your pizzas with plenty of gooey cheese and all of your favorite toppings. How to make the EASIEST Pizza Sauce: (Scroll down for the full printable recipe.)
- In a stand blender or a food processor pour the peeled whole tomatoes, tomato sauce, seasoned tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, garlic salt and granulated sugar.
- Pulse until smooth. Use immediately to make pizza, to use as a dipping sauce or place into airtight containers and freeze in 1 cup portions.
How to Make the BEST Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make Pizza Sauce: One can peeled tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoned tomato paste (seasoned with basil, oregano and garlic), dry Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt and granulated sugar.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Stand blender or food processor, measuring cups and spoons.
- The different styles of tomatoes and the Italian seasoned tomato paste, gives this pizza sauce a thicker texture to this tomato sauce that makes it rich, full bodied and satisfying.
- Sugar in the ingredients serves to balance the acidity of the tomatoes. It doesn’t make the sauce sweet. Should you prefer, you can use your favorite alternative or artificial sweetener, instead.
- Should you use plain tomato paste, you will need to adjust the seasonings adding more or less, to your taste.
- After making your pizzas, separate any remaining sauce into one cup portions and store in freezer safe plastic bags for future meals.
- Serving suggestions: You can use this sauce as the dipping sauce for Pull Apart Pepperoni Bread Sticks and Chicken Parmesan Stromboli. You can also serve it alongside homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks for dipping.
- Primary use is of course, using it to make homemade pizzas for the family. Checkout my recipe go-to recipe for Pizza Dough here.
- You can prepare this sauce up to 3 days in advance and store chilled in the refrigerator until using.
- You can also freese this sauce for up to 3 months. As mentioned above, store it in one cup portions and you’ll have it ready for a busy day meal.
More Italian Recipes to Make
- These Italian Meatball Bites are a delicious option for dipping in this pizza sauce.
- Italian seasoned Fried Green Beans are crispy and flavorful.
- Homemade Meatball Pizza for game day or casual meals with the family.
- The family will flip for a Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese.
- You’ll spend less time on meal prep with these Lasagna Roll-Ups.
- Antipasto Squares are a must make for any party.
- Creamed Spinach Pasta from The Cozy Cook.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 28 oz can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 5 oz can basil, garlic and oregano seasoned tomato paste
- 2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Pour all of the ingredients into a stand blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Uncover, taste and adjust the salt to your taste, if needed.
- Use immediately or separate into 1 cup portions and freeze in freezer safe plastic bags for future use.