This Fully Loaded Smashed Cauliflower is an over-the-top cauliflower side dish. It’s filled with bacon, green onion and a a creamy cheese sauce much like a loaded baked potato minus the extra carbs. It’s certain to delight everyone at you family dinner table.
Easy Fully Loaded Smashed Cauliflower Recipe
How to Make the Best Fully Loaded Smashed Cauliflower Recipe
I can’t think of a single way that I don’t enjoy cauliflower. This smashed cauliflower is one of the dishes I refer to as “company worthy.” Easy enough for a weekday but special enough to serve guests.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Loaded Smashed Cauliflower: Cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen and steamed), chive and onion cream cheese, sour cream, melted butter, one packet dry Ranch salad dressing mix, black pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, cooked bacon, green onions, shredded colby jack cheese and french fried onions.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Vegetable steamer (if using fresh cauliflower), cheese grater, 2 quart baking dish, medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and chopping board and a fork or potato masher to mash the cauliflower.
- To save time you can prep some of the ingredients ahead of time. Grate the cheese, slice the green onions and cook the bacon then pop them into the fridge in baggies.
- If you’d like to add a little heat, use pepper jack cheese and add one 4 ounce can of diced green chiles to the mix.
- You may also choose to fully assemble the entire dish one day in advance and then chill in the refrigerator. When doing so, allow 15-20 minutes on the counter to warm a but and increase the baking time as needed. This will have it ready to bake when you’re ready to eat.
- I like to sprinkle the top with crushed fried onions for added texture. If you want to keep this dish as low carb as possible you might use chicharrons, instead.
- More Cauliflower recipes you may also like to try: Crispy Oven Roasted Panko Parmesan Cauliflower, cheesy Cauliflower Gratin and delicious Broccoli Cauliflower Salad.
- Store baked Fully Loaded Smashed Cauliflower chilled in the refrigerator for up 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Easy Casserole Recipes to Make
There are many ways to add cauliflower to the menu. Checkout these recipes and add them to your menu soon!
- This Green Bean Casserole features a completely homemade sauce that takes it to another level.
- Easy Broccoli Casserole is a cheesy classic side dish that never gets old.
- Cheesy Cabbage Casserole just may have the kiddos eating their veggies and loving it.
- Sweet and delicious Easy Cornbread Casserole.
- Pineapple Casserole is a Southern favorite to serve at the holidays with ham.
- Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole will take you from breakfast to supper.
- Carrot Casserole from Num’s the Word.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Fully Loaded Smashed Cauliflower
- 2 lb cauliflower florets steamed [See Cook's notes]
- 1 8 oz container chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 0.4 oz package dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6-8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 medium green onions thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese divided
- 1/3 cup crushed garlic-pepper french fried onions optional [i.e. Fresh Gourmet]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside. Steam the cauliflower for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Place into a medium-size mixing bowl. Use a fork to chunky smash the steamed cauliflower. Add the whipped cream cheese, sour cream, melted butter, dry buttermilk ranch, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, bacon crumbles, green onions, and 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour into the baking dish. [Reserve 3 Tbsp bacon crumbles and green onions for the top]
- Sprinkle the top with 1 cup of shredded Colby-Jack cheese and a few bacon crumbles. Top with french fried onions, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with reserved sliced green onions.
- Serve immediately.
b) 2 lb cauliflower florets would be approximately equal to 2 medium heads of cauliflower, stems removed.