Serve this budget friendly Garlic Butter Chicken along with your favorite side dish recipes and you'll have a busy day meal on the table in no time flat.
This Recipe Turns Chicken into a Weekday Feast
Busy days lend themselves to low stress dinner options. There is certainly no shortage of ways to make chicken, and I'm stepping out on limb to say this one is likely to become a regular on your meal rotation. Not only is it budget friendly but, the ingredients aren't difficult to find and are typically those that you may always have on hand. Plus, it literally takes minutes to prepare.
- I use chicken breasts for this recipe but, boneless chicken thighs work well, too.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of garlic to your taste.
- This dish cooks quickly by design. Keep an eye on the pan and adjust the heat to keep the butter from burning.
- If preferred, you can use fresh lemon juice and pepper in place of lemon pepper. Please note, it will change the texture of the coating.
- This dish is scrumptious over dirty rice or buttered noodles. It also complements a simple baked potato or cheesy mashed potato casserole as well as a side for fire roasted vegetables ragu and linguine pasta.
- You may also enjoy it over couscous like this recipe from Mediterranean Dish.
Other Skillet Entrees to Try
You'll note, there's no shortage of dinner inspiration right here in the recipe index on Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen! You may also like to try my recipes for:
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Skillet Fried Chicken with Bacon Gravy
- Teriyaki Steak Bites
- Pork Tips Stroganoff
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Garlic Butter Chicken
- 2 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil divided
- 4 tsp butter divided
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts ¾ inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt adjust to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or lemon pepper
- 6-8 medium garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsely
- Pat dry chicken. Place chicken pieces into a medium size bowl. Toss with flour, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- In a large 2 inch heavy bottomed skillet heat 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces in a single layer, cooking in two batches until browned, then carefully turn. About 1 ½ minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spoon to a platter and keep warm.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter to cook second batch.
- After all chicken is cooked, add remaining 2 Tbsp butter garlic and parsley to pan. Cook over medium-high for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant, scraping any flavor from the bottom of the skillet. Add chicken, stir until coated.
- Remove from heat and serve.