Serve this budget friendly Garlic Butter Chicken along with your favorite side dish recipes and you'll have a busy day meal on the table in no time flat.
Easy Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe Makes a Weekday Feast
Busy days lend themselves to low stress dinner options. There is certainly no shortage of ways to make chicken, and I'm stepping out on limb to say this one is likely to become a regular on your meal rotation. Not only is it budget friendly but, the ingredients aren't difficult to find and are typically those that you may always have on hand. Plus, it literally takes minutes to prepare.
How to Make the Best Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe
This recipe comes together in a flash once you have the simple ingredients assembled.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Garlic Butter Chicken: Boneless skinless chicken breasts, olive oil, butter, grated Parmesan cheese, all purpose flour, fried Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper or lemon pepper, parsley and minced garlic cloves.
- I use chicken breasts for this recipe, but boneless skinless chicken thighs work well, too.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of garlic cloves to your taste.
- This dish cooks quickly by design. Keep an eye on the pan and adjust the heat to keep the butter from burning.
- If preferred, you can use fresh lemon juice and black pepper in place of lemon pepper. Please note, it will change the texture of the coating.
- This dish is scrumptious served over dirty rice or buttered noodles.
- It also complements a simple baked potato or cheesy mashed potato casserole as well as a side for fire roasted vegetables ragu and linguine pasta.
- Store leftover garlic butter chicken in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the ocrwave to prevent drying out.
More Southern Style Skillet Recipes to Make
You'll note, there's no shortage of dinner inspiration right here in the recipe index on Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen! You may also like to try my recipes for:
- The carnivores at your table will love these tender Garlic Butter Steak Bites.
- Skillet Fried Chicken with Bacon Gravy is comfort food done right.
- Teriyaki Steak Bites with green bell peppers and onion are better than you'll find in a steakhouse.
- Pork Tips Stroganoff served over mashed potatoes or rice is a tasty twist on classic stroganoff.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Garlic Butter Chicken
- 2 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil divided
- 4 tablespoon butter divided
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts ¾ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper or lemon pepper
- 6-8 medium garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsely
- Pat dry chicken. Place chicken pieces into a medium size bowl. Toss with flour, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- In a large 2 inch heavy bottomed skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces in a single layer, cooking in two batches until browned, then carefully turn. About 1 ½ minutes per side. Remove with a slotted spoon to a platter and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter to cook second batch.
- After all chicken is cooked, add remaining 2 tablespoon butter garlic and parsley to pan. Cook over medium-high for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant, scraping any flavor from the bottom of the skillet. Add chicken, stir until coated.
- Remove from heat and serve.