Garlic Butter Steak Bites are as versatile as they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Enjoy them as an appetizer or as an entrée with your favorite complementary sides to complete the meal.
Easy Garlic Butter Steak Bites Recipe
When it comes to quick and easy meals, steak bites may not be the first thing that comes to mind. Admittedly, steak can be a bit of an indulgent entrée to serve for a family, but the small amount of effort it takes to make these steak bites is minimal considering the mouthwatering end result. Teriyaki steak bites, sautéed with green pepper and onion and sirloin steak tips with creamy mushrooms are just two of our family’s weekday steak favorites. When you catch steak on sale, that’s the time to stock your freezer for this busy day meal entrée that’s fit for a king. How to make easy Garlic Butter Steak Bites:
- Heat Oil and Butter – In a large heavy bottomed skillet heat olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat.
- Steak Cubes – Add steak cubes to the skillet skillet. Season with salt, pepper and a few dashes of teriyaki or Worcestershire. Cook until the steak forms a crust about 2 minutes.
- Butter – Meanwhile, melt remaining reserved butter in a microwave safe dish. Set aside.
- Garlic – Turn the steak and drizzle with melted butter. Add garlic. Cook an additional 2 minutes or for 4-6 minutes total. Adjust according to your desired level of doneness and size of pieces. Mix well to evenly coat steak with butter and garlic. Remove from heat,
- Parsley – Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately as an entree or as an appetizer with food picks.
How to Make the BEST Garlic Butter Steak Bites Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Garlic Butter Steak Bites: Cubed beef tenderloin, new york strip steak or ribeye, olive oil, unsalted butter, sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, teriyaki or Worcestershire sauce, large garlic cloves and chopped fresh Italian parsley.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need to make homemade Garlic Butter Steak Bites: Sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, garlic press, large 12 inch cast iron skillet or heavy bottomed skillet.
- To get the char on the steak bites start with a smoking hot pan. This is where cast iron is perfect for searing steaks, chicken, pork and beyond.
- Using a combination of both olive oil and butter will prevent the butter from burning while cooking the steak.
- To get the best sear, don’t move the bites around. Let them sear and form a crust then flip to sear the other side. Tongs work great for this.
- Avoid stirring the steak bites, turn them to char on all sides.
- This recipe can be made with your favorite cut of beef. Some cuts will cook more quickly than others so, keep an eye on the pan.
- I recommend beginning this recipe with oil and butter. This helps prevent the milk solids in the butter from burning when cooking at a higher temperature.
- The cooking time can be adjusted according to the size of the pieces being cooked and to your personal preference.
- Store Garlic Butter Steak Bites chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat over medium heat in a non stick skillet just until heated through, don’t overcook.
- Serve these as an appetizer, as an entree or create your own steak salad.
Dishes to Serve with Steak Bites
We all have our favorite dishes to serve alongside steak. Whether it’s a simple baked potato and fresh salad or creamed spinach and roasted potatoes to round things out. Other dishes you may want to consider:
- When serving these steak bites as an Entrée you may like to serve:
- Classic Wedge Salad drizzled with bleu cheese dressing.
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese simmers in your slow cooker on busy oven days.
- Teriyaki Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms and Onion is flavorful and delicious
- Slow Cooked Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole is simple to make.
- When serving these steak bites as an Appetizer:
- Japanese Steakhouse Yum Yum Sauce for dipping.
- A big batch of Comeback Sauce a Southern staple for dipping french fries, popcorn chicken, onion rings and more.
- See also Horseradish Sauce from Natasha’s Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- 2 lb beef tenderloin, new york strip steak or ribeye cut into bite size cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 7 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 tsp sea salt adjust amount to your taste
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- few dashes teriyaki or Worcestershire sauce optional
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- In a large heavy bottomed skillet heat olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat.
- Add steak cubes to the hot skillet in a single layer. Season with salt, pepper and a few dashes of teriyaki or Worcestershire. Cook until the steak forms a crust about 2 minutes.
- While steak cooks, melt remaining 6 Tbsp butter in a microwave safe dish. Set aside.
- Turn the steak pieces then drizzle with the melted butter. Add garlic. Cook an additional 2 minutes. (Or for 4-6 minutes total) Adjust according to your desired level of doneness and the size of the pieces. Mix well to evenly coat steak with butter and garlic. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately as an entree or as an appetizer with food picks.