This easy Graham Cracker Crust Recipe is one you’ll use over and over again. You can use it for making desserts with no bake fillings and baked desserts such as cheesecakes and cookie bars.
Easy Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
Graham cracker crusts are a popular option for cheesecakes and pies. You can go the route of purchasing a crust when you’re short on time, but this recipe will show you how to make one from scratch for all of your favorite desserts. How do you make a simple Graham Cracker Crust: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a standard 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Graham Crackers – Pulse 12 graham crackers in a food processor until it resembled fine crumbs.
- Butter – In a small bowl, melt the butter.
- Combine – Toss together the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter, granulated sugar and light brown sugar until fully moistened.
- Press into Pan – Dump the buttered crumbs into the pie pan and press firmly onto the bottom and sides of the pie dish.
- Bake – Place into the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden, fragrant and set.
- Cool – Cool the crust completely then fill with your favorite no bake cheesecake filling, pudding.
How to Make the BEST Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Graham Cracker Crust: Graham crackers, butter, granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Food processor, medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons and 9 inch pie dish.
- It will take around 12 graham crackers to make this crust.
- You can use this recipe for a classic graham cracker crust using honey grahams, cinnamon graham crackers or using chocolate flavored graham crackers with no other adjustments needed.
- When assembling this crust, it’s important to firmly press the crust into the pan. You can use your hands or the bottom of a 1/4 cup measuring cup to press it firmly onto the bottom and sides.
- You can use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe. I tend to use salted butter most often to balance the sweet.
- You can add 1/4-1/3 cup of finely chopped nuts i.e. pecans, almonds or walnuts to the crust for a nutty twist. In this instance I highly recommend salted butter or adding 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the mix when using unsalted butter.
- If you’re making a bar recipe in a 13 x 9 inch pan you can increase the amount of graham crackers crumbs to 2 cups.
- You can bake cool and freeze a Graham Cracker Crust for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator then fill with your favorite filling.
- You can store this crust wrapped with foil at room temperature for up to 2 days prior to filling.
Dessert Recipes using Graham Crackers
- This New York Style Cheesecake can be served alone or with whipped cream and fresh berries.
- You’ll love the layers of chocolate in my Double Chocolate Cheesecake recipe.
- Caramel Snickers Candy Bar Pie is addictive.
- This Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake would cost a mint from a bakery. Make your own at home!
- Delicious Hello Dolly Bars are a handheld dessert for parties, picnics and tailgating.
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars can be made with chocolate graham crackers or chocolate wafer cookies for the crust.
- Millionaire Pie is an oldie but goodie with a no bake filling.
- Graham Cracker Houses from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs (12 graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a standard 9 inch pie dish or springform pan with cooking spray.
- Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl melt the butter in the microwave using the melt function.
- To the butter add the graham crackers, granulated and brown sugar and toss together with a spoon until fully moistened. (You can use all granulated sugar, if desired.)
- Dump the buttered crumbs into the pie pan and press firmly onto the bottom and sides of the pie dish. (Using the bottom of a measuring cups works great for this!)
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden, fragrant and set.
- Cool completely, then fill with your favorite pudding, no bake cheesecake filling or pie filling.