These incredible Slow Cooked Parmesan Red Potatoes drizzled with a flavorful rosemary garlic butter are cooked entirely in a slow cooker. Slow cooking results in tender and creamy potatoes that are then infused with a fragrant rosemary garlic butter. A sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese just before serving is the perfect finish.
Easy Slow Cooked Parmesan Red Potatoes Recipe
Side dishes like this don't come any easier, truly. While I love roasting potatoes, it's incredibly convenient to have a side like this simmering away while the entrée is being prepared especially on a busy day. In the winter they go well with a roasted pork tenderloin, pot roast or lemon chicken. In the warm summer months, they are ideal served as a side for grilled steaks, pork, chicken or kabobs.
How to Make the Best Slow Cooked Parmesan Red Potatoes Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Slow Cooked Parmesan Red Potatoes: Small red potatoes, garlic salt, olive oil, butter, rosemary, garlic and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: One 4-6 quart slow cooker, sharp knife and chopping board, small saucepan, measuring cups and spoons and cheese grater.
- You can use red potatoes or golden potatoes for this recipe.
- When choosing potatoes, make an effort as much as is possible to choose potatoes similar in size for even cooking. The same rule applies to slow cooking as it does any other method of cooking potatoes.
- Use a sharp knife to remove any blemishes or eyes from the surface.
- The garlic and rosemary infused butter is simmered on the stovetop and then drizzled over the potatoes just before serving. This could be prepped one day in advance and chilled until your ready to serve.
- You could add crushed red pepper flakes to the butter for added heat, if desired.
- To lighten the calories just a bit use light butter or your favorite butter alternative of choice.
- You can also prepare these potatoes using this same slow cooker technique then remove from the crock and chill. Use a spatula to smash them and toss them onto the grill to make rosemary infused smashed potatoes on the grill. When doing so, brush the cooked potatoes with butter or olive oil and grill until crispy.
- Store Slow Cooked Parmesan Red Potatoes with Rosemary Garlic Butter chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a 375°F oven.
More Easy Slow Cooker and Crockpot Recipes to Make
- Slow Cooked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes will disappear in no time flat.
- Cozy up to a bowl of Slow Cooker Potato Soup on a chilly day.
- Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole is perfect for entertaining.
- Slow Cooked Cheesy Potatoes with ham.
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole can be cooked all night for a breakfast waiting for you in the morning.
- Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes from Recipes that Crock.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Slow Cooked Parmesan Red Potatoes With Rosemary Garlic Butter
- 3 lb small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. [I used a 6 quart oval]
- Wash and pat dry the potatoes removing any blemishes.
- Toss with the olive oil and garlic salt then arrange in the bottom of the slow cooker insert.
- Cover tightly and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until fork tender. [On low 6-8 hours]
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the chopped rosemary and minced garlic. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cooked potatoes from the slow cooker and drizzle with the rosemary garlic butter.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.