Grilled Vegetable Kabobs with Garlic Herb Butter
Grilling vegetables is a year-round, all weather sport at our house. I believe I could eat these grilled vegetable kabobs daily and never tire of the fresh farm stand flavors, some things just never get old. Especially, when it comes to summer bounty and farm to table flavors. Even better if they’re grown in your own back yard.
- I find it’s much easier to thread the vegetables onto a metal skewer. The sharp pointed end makes it easier to push through the raw vegetables. In particular, the corn.
- Should you choose to use wooden skewers, take the time to soak them in water prior to assembling the kabobs grilling to prevent burning.
- These vegetables are basted with a fresh garlic-herb butter, beautifully charred and sprinkled with grated Parmesan just before serving makes for outstanding eats.
- Please note, I often choose the light Land O’ Lakes butter with Canola oil. It’s a blend with oil making it less likely to overcook. It has the bonus of being lighter and full flavored, too.
Other Grilling Favorites
Grilled garlic rosemary smashed potatoes are another all-time favorite, as well as my sweet and spicy pineapple chicken kabobs. A grilled vegetable salad is another summer side dish option that goes magnificently with a grilled chili lime skirt steak.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- 4 medium ears of corn quartered
- 1 large red pepper seeds & stem removed
- 1 large green pepper seeds & stem removed
- 1 large zucchini 1/2" slices
- 1 large yellow squash. 1/2" slices
- 1 large red onion sliced into wedges
- Garlic-Herb butter:
- 1/2 cup light Land O'Lakes butter with canola oil melted [See cook's note]
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley or basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Clean and cut the vegetables. Quarter the corn, and slice the peppers into similar size pieces. Slice the zucchini and squash into 1/2 inch slices. Cut the onion into wedges.
- Thread onto metal skewers. [If you use wooden skewers soak in water for at least 1 hour prior to using.]
- Mix the melted butter with the remaining ingredients, reserving the grated Parmesan cheese for later.
- Brush the kabobs with the butter. Oil the grill grates.
- Place butter side down on the grill. Over medium heat, grill the kabobs, turning carefully and basting every 7-8 minutes.
- Cook for around 25 minutes total, or to your taste and desired texture until beautifully charred. Remove from the grill, drizzle with any left over garlic-herb butter before serving.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.