Grilled Corn Tomato and Avocado Salad
- This grilled corn salad can be served as a side dish to accompany your favorite South of the border meal.
- Enjoy as a dip with tortilla chips, a topping for tacos, fajitas or as a condiment on top of a grilled steak or chicken salad.
- This recipe easily doubles or triples if you're feeding a crowd.
- Due to the fact that avocado oxidizes quickly, it's best to add it just before serving, if making in advance.
- This salad can be served at room temperature or chilled. Again, if making in advance, just add the avocado before serving.
The fresh farm stand flavors appeal to my personal taste and that coupled with easy preparation makes this grilled corn salad a winning combination in my book.
Ways to Serve
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Grilled Corn Salad
- 3 large ears corn husks removed
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- salt to taste
- 1 medium Haas avocado peeled & cubed [just before adding to the salad]
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup red onion or shallots small dice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½-1 tsp garlic salt
- ½-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
- Brush the corn with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning for even browning. Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the cob. Cool slightly before adding to the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Begin with ½ tsp of garlic salt and red pepper flakes, then adjust to your taste.
- If serving chilled, toss the grilled corn, cherry tomatoes and red onion with the dressing. Cover and chill.
- Peel and cube the avocado mixing into the salad just before serving.
- If serving immediately, toss all of the ingredients together and serve at room temperature.