When Summer garden season is in full swing and all of the fresh farm stand vegetables begin to arrive, I can’t get enough of fresh salads like this Grilled Corn Tomato And Avocado Salad. Filled with sweet grilled corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion and diced avocado all tossed in a scrumptious lime vinaigrette is nothing short of heaven. Warm weather salads are not only simple to prepare but, the ingredients are available in abundance. This vibrant colorful dish is always a pretty addition to the table.
This grilled corn salad can be served as a side dish to accompany your favorite South of the border meal, as a dip with tortilla chips, a topping for tacos, fajitas or as a condiment on top of a grilled steak or chicken salad. It easily doubles or triples if you’re feeding a crowd, too. The fresh farm stand flavors appeal to my personal taste and that coupled with easy preparation makes this grilled corn salad a winning combination in my book. Here’s what you do…
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Grilled Corn Tomato And Avocado Salad
- 3 large ears corn husks removed
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado peeled & cubed [just before adding to the salad]
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup red onion or shallots small dice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2-1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
- Brush the corn with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning for even browning. Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the cob. Cool slightly before adding to the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Begin with 1/2 tsp of garlic salt and red pepper flakes, then adjust to your taste.
- If serving chilled, toss the grilled corn, cherry tomatoes and red onion with the dressing. Cover and chill.
- Peel and cube the avocado mixing into the salad just before serving.
- If serving immediately, toss all of the ingredients together and serve at room temperature.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!