This vibrant Grilled Corn Salad is filled with sweet grilled corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion and diced avocado. It's tossed in a scrumptious homemade lime vinaigrette. Enjoy it as a side dish, as a topping for salads or with tortilla chips for dipping.
Easy Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
When Summer garden season is in full swing and all of the fresh farm stand vegetables begin to arrive, I can't get enough of fresh salads like this Grilled Corn Salad. Warm weather salads are not only simple to prepare but, the ingredients are available in abundance. This vibrant colorful dish is always a pretty addition to the table.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Grilled Corn Tomato and Avocado Salad: 3 large ears of corn, butter, salt, one avocado, cherry tomatoes and diced red onion or shallots.
- For the homemade honey lime dressing you'll need: Olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper to taste and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A sharp knife and chopping board, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons a whisk, either an outdoor grill or a grill pan if making indoors.
- This grilled corn salad can be served as a side dish to accompany your favorite South of the border meal.
- Enjoy as a dip with tortilla chips, a topping for tacos, fajitas or as a condiment on top of a grilled steak or chicken salad.
- This recipe easily doubles or triples if you're feeding a crowd.
- Due to the fact that avocado oxidizes quickly, it's best to add it just before serving, if making in advance.
- This salad can be served at room temperature or chilled. Again, if making in advance, just add the avocado before serving.
- I serve this fresh salad as a dip, on taco salads and as a condiment for grilled chicken or pork. You can also enjoy this as a side dish salad with any of your favorite grilled entrees.
- Store leftover Grilled Corn Salad chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. All of the ingredients will do well apart from the avocado. If storing, consider removing the avocado and eating it fresh!
More Southern Style Grilled Recipes to Make and Serve with Grilled Corn Salad
The fresh farm stand flavors appeal to my personal taste and that coupled with easy preparation makes this grilled corn salad a winning combination in my book. More grilling recipes to add to the menu:
- See how to make Grilled Corn on the Cob in the husks.
- Grilled Chili Lime Skirt Steak can be served as is, on toasted hoagie rolls or on warm tortillas.
- Add these Grilled Vegetable Kabobs to your summer grilling menu ASAP.
- Grilled Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin melts in your mouth.
- Grilled Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Grilled Corn Salad
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 large ears corn husks removed
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- salt to taste
- 1 medium Haas avocado peeled & cubed [just before adding to the salad]
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup red onion or shallots small dice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ½-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Brush the corn with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning for even browning. Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the cob. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the dressing: In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice and honey until slightly thickened. Add garlic salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Begin with ½ teaspoon of garlic salt and red pepper flakes, then taste and adjust to your preference. Mix in cilantro at the end.
- If serving chilled: To the bowl add grilled corn, cherry tomatoes and red onion missing with dressing. Cover and chill. Peel and cube the avocado adding into the salad just before serving to prevent oxidation.
- If serving immediately: Toss all of the ingredients together with dressing and serve at room temperature.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 410mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 544IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Hi Melissa, great recipe. Where did you get the green terracotta bowl from ? What's the brand name?
Thanks so much! I have quite the collection of dishes, I don't recall exactly, possibly HomeGoods.