Grilled Corn Tomato and Avocado Salad
- This grilled corn salad can be served as a side dish to accompany your favorite South of the border meal.
- Enjoy as a dip with tortilla chips, a topping for tacos, fajitas or as a condiment on top of a grilled steak or chicken salad.
- This recipe easily doubles or triples if you're feeding a crowd.
- Due to the fact that avocado oxidizes quickly, it's best to add it just before serving, if making in advance.
- This salad can be served at room temperature or chilled. Again, if making in advance, just add the avocado before serving.
The fresh farm stand flavors appeal to my personal taste and that coupled with easy preparation makes this grilled corn salad a winning combination in my book.
Ways to Serve Corn Salad
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Grilled Corn Salad
- 3 large ears corn husks removed
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- salt to taste
- 1 medium Haas avocado peeled & cubed [just before adding to the salad]
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup red onion or shallots small dice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½-1 tsp garlic salt
- ½-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Brush the corn with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning for even browning. Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the cob. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the dressing: In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice and honey until slightly thickened. Add garlic salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Begin with ½ tsp of garlic salt and red pepper flakes, then taste and adjust to your preference. Mix in cilantro at the end.
- If serving chilled: To the bowl add grilled corn, cherry tomatoes and red onion missing with dressing. Cover and chill. Peel and cube the avocado adding into the salad just before serving to prevent oxidation.
- If serving immediately: Toss all of the ingredients together with dressing and serve at room temperature.