This dense and decadent Harvest Apple Bread is a real treat any time of year. The homemade batter is filled with pecans, coconut and chopped apple giving it an irresistible texture and flavor to boot. Particularly pleasing with a steamy cuppa tea or java, it’s a reminder of the small things in life we should enjoy and be thankful for everyday.
Apples are the Favored Fruit of Fall
Harvest Apple Bread
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Harvest Apple Bread
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice [see Cook's note]
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts chopped and toasted
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cup finely diced apple
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Spray a 9 x 5 " loaf pan with baking spray or butter and flour.
- Sift together the flour, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt. In a medium size mixing bowl, Beat together the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until combined. Add the eggs and beat for 1 minute until combined.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the nuts, coconut and diced apple. Mix in by hand. Reserve 2 Tbsp of nuts to sprinkle on top.
- Spread into the loaf pan and top with reserved nuts. Bounce the pan on the counter to settle the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour 20-30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Cool in the pan for 1 hour, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cardamom