The favored fruit of Fall is here in true fashion. Bountifully. And, not a minute too soon in my opinion. When apples arrive I’m reminded of my love for them and apple desserts like this Harvest Apple Bread. We have a lot of love for apples at our house in any way, shape or form. Then again, I think that’s pretty universal when it comes to apple dessert love.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Harvest Apple Bread
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice [see Cook's note]
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pecan or walnuts chopped and toasted
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cup finely diced apple
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Spray a 9 x 5 " loaf pan with baking spray or butter and flour.
- Sift together the flour, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt. In a medium size mixing bowl, Beat together the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until combined. Add the eggs and beat for 1 minute until combined.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the nuts, coconut and diced apple. Mix in by hand. Reserve 2 Tbsp of nuts to sprinkle on top.
- Spread into the loaf pan and top with reserved nuts. Bounce the pan on the counter to settle the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour 20-30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Cool in the pan for 1 hour, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cardamom