This dense and decadent Harvest Apple Bread is a real treat any time of year. The homemade batter is filled with pecans, coconut and chopped apple giving it an irresistible texture and flavor to boot. Particularly pleasing with a steamy cuppa tea or java, it’s a reminder of the small things in life we should enjoy and be thankful for everyday.
Easy Harvest Apple Bread Recipe
How to Make the BEST Harvest Apple Bread Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Harvest Apple Bread: All purpose flour, baking soda, diced apples, sweetened flaked coconut, apple pie spice, vegetable oil, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, chopped walnuts, large eggs, buttermilk and salt.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Stand mixer or hand mixer, 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, large bowl, medium bowl, whisk, apple peeler corer, measuring cups and spoons, large silicone spatula or wooden spoon, nut chopper or sharp knife and chopping board.
- Please note: The loaf pan used for this apple bread is large. If you like, you can bake in two 8 x 4 inch pans. That said, you will need to decrease the baking time. Check at 45-50 minutes and add time from that point.
- You can use your favorite variety of apple for this recipe. I recommend using Honey Crisp, Granny Smith or Gala apples.
- You can use chopped pecans or walnuts depending on your personal preference. You can also toast them for added flavor.
- To toast the Nuts: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the chopped nuts on a sheet pan in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant. Cool completely before adding to the batter.
- Serve it this apple bread warm slathered with honey butter or cinnamon cream cheese. It’s equally delicious at room temperature or chilled with a steamy cup of coffee or hot tea. Each bite tastes just like fall.
- Store Harvest Apple Bread in an airtight container chilled for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze it for up to 2 months. When frozen, thaw in the refrigerator.
More apple Dessert Recipes to Make
- Puff pastry makes this recipe for Apple Strudel a cinch to make.
- Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits are a fan favorite!
- Apple Cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream is dessert comfort food.
- This Stuffed Crust Skillet Apple Pie has a surprise hidden inside.
- This Apple Cider Doughnut Cake is brushed with butter then coated with cinnamon and sugar.
- Fresh Apple Cake with a Pecan Praline Sauce is sheer decadence.
- Start your day with these Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls.
- You may also like to browse 20 Apple Dessert Recipes That Aren’t Pie on Parade.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Harvest Apple Bread
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice [see Cook's note]
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup finely diced apple (Gala, Granny Smith or Honeycrisp)
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts chopped and toasted
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with baking spray or butter and flour. (You may also choose to use two 8 x 4 inch pans.)
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to sift together the flour, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt. In a medium size mixing bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium high speed to beat together the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until combined. Add the eggs and beat for 1 minute to blend.
- Lower the speed to medium, then add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- By hand, mix in the diced apple, nuts and coconut until evenly distributed. (Reserve 2 Tbsp of nuts to sprinkle on top.)
- Spread batter evenly into the loaf pan and top with reserved nuts. Bounce the pan to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour 20-30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Cool in the pan for 1 hour, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- To Toast the Nuts: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the chopped nuts on a sheet pan in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant. Cool completely before adding to the batter. (Optional)
- DIY Apple Pie Spice: Mix together until blended.
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- If baking in two 8 x 4 inch pans, check for doneness at 45-50 minutes and adjust time from that point.