This Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Pizza is great for getting your kids to eat fruit and vegetables in one bite! The flavor combo adds a little something different to your standard pizza menu. We love the flavor of barbecue so much, that any chance to enjoy it in a way that’s outside of the box, works particularly well for us.
This recipe was one that I shared during my quick and easy pizza week. One of my MSSK Facebook friends requested quick weeknight dinner ideas and this pizza was one recipe that I shared. The prep time is minimal, and a Deli rotisserie chicken makes things even simpler. It’s a terrific and speedy way to get a delicious meal on the table for your family on busy days.
Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 [1 lb] homemade pizza dough or 13.8 oz can refrigerated pizza dough [I used Pillsbury]
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce divided [your favorite]
- 1 cup shredded Havarti or Swiss cheese
- red pepper flakes [to taste]
- 6 slices bacon cooked & crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups chopped roasted chicken
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup green pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- garlic salt and black pepper to taste
- Arrange the bacon, chicken, pineapple chunks, onion and green peppers evenly over the crust.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll the refrigerated pizza dough onto the parchment and gently stretch it to an 8 x 13-inch rectangle.
- Spread 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce onto the crust and sprinkle on half of the cheese and the red pepper flakes on top.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper to taste then drizzle with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle the last of the shredded cheese on top and place into the oven.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes until the edges are golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.