This Cheesy Garlic Bread turns an inexpensive loaf of bread into a gooey million dollar treat. It's boldly decadent, and packed with plenty of garlic and cheese flavor.
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
Garlic bread has many faces and our love for it knows no end. If there's one thing I know about my family, they clamor for homemade bread in any form. I know what you're thinking, I must be referring to biscuits and cornbread. While neither of those are ever turned down at our house, my family indulges in many other breads more often than not. Breads, such as my cheese laden Garlic Bread Loaf is delicious served as an appetizer with warm Pizza Sauce. Then, there's my completely made from scratch Dutch Oven Artisan White Bread, that makes the most speculator sandwiches. This simple garlic bread requires no bread making at all and the result is delicious.
How to Make the Best Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
Is there any wrong way to serve homemade garlic bread? I think not. It goes well alongside Italian favorites such as Baked Spaghetti and Lasagna plus Soups and dinner salads like my Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cheesy Garlic Bread: One 18 inch French Bread loaf, mayonnaise, butter, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic cloves, chopped Italian parsley, chopped fresh chives, onion powder, red pepper flakes and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: Mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, cheese grater, spreading spatula or spoon, cutting board and bread knife and a baking pan.
- One of my most favorite things about this garlic bread is, it can be assembled in advance, wrapped and chilled. Then, it's ready to bake when you're ready to eat.
- You can adapt the type of cheese, using your favorite variety of cheese, in the same amount.
- You may also adjust the intensity of the garlic flavor using more, or less at your discretion.
- There's no need to add additional salt to the cheese filling, but you can taste and add to your taste, if desired.
- Store leftover Cheesy Garlic Bread wrapped and chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Southern Style Bread Recipes to Make
- Homemade Potato Bread is delicious fresh from the oven slathered with butter.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread requires to yeast to make.
- Tear and Share Cheesy Italian Bread Twists using frozen bread loaves to make.
- Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread is made for sharing.
- Homemade Cheese Rolls are made like a savory cinnamon roll.
- Strawberry Bread from Tastes of Lizzy.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 18-inch french bread loaf
- ¾ cup real mayonnaise
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 ½ tablespoon minced garlic (May adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Have nearby a large baking sheet covered with foil. Spritz lightly with cooking spray.
- Use a serrated knife to cut slits in the bread approximately 1 inch apart without cutting all the way through leaving the bottom intact. Place onto pan.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together mayo, butter, Parmesan cheese, parsley, chives, garlic, onion powder and red pepper flakes. Add cheese, mix well.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly between slices. Spritz a second piece of foil with baking spray and cover bread tightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove top foil baking for 5 minutes longer until the top is golden.
- Serve immediately as a side dish or as an appetizer with pizza sauce for dipping.