This Cheesy Garlic Bread turns an inexpensive loaf of bread into a gooey million dollar treat. It's boldly decadent, and packed with plenty of garlic and cheese flavor.
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
Garlic bread has many faces and our love for it knows no end. If there's one thing I know about my family, they clamor for homemade bread in any form. I know what you're thinking, I must be referring to biscuits and cornbread. While neither of those are ever turned down at our house, my family indulges in many other breads more often than not. Breads, such as my cheese laden Garlic Bread Loaf is delicious served as an appetizer with warm Pizza Sauce. Then, there's my completely made from scratch Dutch Oven Artisan White Bread, that makes the most speculator sandwiches. This simple garlic bread requires no bread making at all and the result is delicious.
How to Make the Best Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
Is there any wrong way to serve homemade garlic bread? I think not. It goes well alongside Italian favorites such as Baked Spaghetti and Lasagna plus Soups and dinner salads like my Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cheesy Garlic Bread: One 18 inch French Bread loaf, mayonnaise, butter, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic cloves, chopped Italian parsley, chopped fresh chives, onion powder, red pepper flakes and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: Mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, cheese grater, spreading spatula or spoon, cutting board and bread knife and a baking pan.
- One of my most favorite things about this garlic bread is, it can be assembled in advance, wrapped and chilled. Then, it's ready to bake when you're ready to eat.
- You can adapt the type of cheese, using your favorite variety of cheese, in the same amount.
- You may also adjust the intensity of the garlic flavor using more, or less at your discretion.
- There's no need to add additional salt to the cheese filling, but you can taste and add to your taste, if desired.
- Store leftover Cheesy Garlic Bread wrapped and chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Southern Style Bread Recipes to Make
Whether you like baking bread from scratch, making pizza dough, Southern biscuits or dinner rolls, I've got you! More tried and true bread recipes you may also like to try:
- Homemade Potato Bread is delicious fresh from the oven slathered with butter.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread requires to yeast to make.
- Tear and Share Cheesy Italian Bread Twists using frozen bread loaves to make.
- Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread is made for sharing.
- Homemade Cheese Rolls are made like a savory cinnamon roll.
- Strawberry Bread from Tastes of Lizzy.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 18-inch french bread loaf
- ¾ cup real mayonnaise
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 ½ tablespoon minced garlic (May adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Have nearby a large baking sheet covered with foil. Spritz lightly with cooking spray.
- Use a serrated knife to cut slits in the bread approximately 1 inch apart without cutting all the way through leaving the bottom intact. Place onto pan.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together mayo, butter, Parmesan cheese, parsley, chives, garlic, onion powder and red pepper flakes. Add cheese, mix well.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly between slices. Spritz a second piece of foil with baking spray and cover bread tightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove top foil baking for 5 minutes longer until the top is golden.
- Serve immediately as a side dish or as an appetizer with pizza sauce for dipping.
A magician when it comes to cooking amazing recipes I can't tell you how much I appreciate your work
Thank you Rob!
WoW!! This Cheesy Garlic Bread is DELICIOUS!! I loved the filling. I followed the recipe as stated but the next time (and it will be a next time) I plan to cut the bread in 1 inch slices and place on a foil lined baking pan sprayed with Pam cooking spray and just spread filling on top of each of the slices of bread and cover pan with foil and bake as stated and uncover and bake 5 minutes more. Reason being is ... I am cookiing only for me now. My husband passed this past year 🙁 Thanks for sharing this recipe! I seen several more of your recipes I am wanting to try!!
I'm so happy you loved this bread! I'm sorry to hear of your loss, it's a challenge cooking for one or two people.You may consider even freezing the slices once slathered with the butter mixture and then baking them fresh, when needed.
Would this recipe work alright by taking out the mayo? We have a food intolerance so don't cook with it. Also, could we make in an air fryer? I am assuming a similar heat and at least half the cooking time.
Mayonnaise is a vital component in this garlic bread so, I wouldn't recommend omitting it. I have other garlic bread recipes without it in the recipe index here. I haven't made it in an air fryer but, it likely could be adapted. If you try it let us know how it goes.
I made this yesterday for the family I periodically cook for. They loved it and were sad there was none left over!!
How nice of you, I'm so happy they loved it!
Can you use regular butter instead of unsalted butter?
Sure, you may want to adjust the salt to your taste when doing so.
Looks awesome... Can you freeze it for later?
Sure, if you want.