This Cheesy Garlic Bread turns an inexpensive loaf of bread into a gooey million dollar treat. It's boldly decadent, and packed with plenty of garlic and cheese flavor.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Garlic bread has many faces and our love for it knows no end. If there's one thing I know about my family, they clamor for homemade bread in any form. I know what you're thinking, I must be referring to biscuits and cornbread. While neither of those are ever turned down at our house, my family indulges in many other breads more often than not.
- Breads, such as my cheese laden garlic bread loaf is delicious served as an appetizer with warm pizza sauce.
- Then, there's my completely made from scratch dutch oven artisan white bread, that makes the most speculator sandwiches.
- This simple garlic bread requires no bread making at all and the result is delicious.
Helpful Tips for Making Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Y'all know I love to give you a few tips and pointers for making my recipes. One of my most favorite things about this garlic bread is, it can be assembled in advance, wrapped and chilled. Then, it's ready to bake when you're ready to eat.
- You can adapt the type of cheese, using your favorite variety of cheese, in the same amount.
- You may also adjust the intensity of the garlic flavor using more, or less at your discretion.
- There's no need to add additional salt to the cheese filling but, you may taste and add to your taste, if desired.
Ways to Serve
Is there any wrong way to serve bread? I think not. It goes well alongside Italian favorites such as baked spaghetti and lasagna plus soups and dinner salads like my chicken bacon ranch layer salad. Another fun option for bread fans to enjoy is this recipe for savory cheese muffins from Recipe Tin Eats.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 18-inch french bread loaf
- ¾ cup real mayonnaise
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 ½ Tbsp minced garlic (May adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Have nearby a large baking sheet covered with foil. Spritz lightly with cooking spray.
- Use a serrated knife to cut slits in the bread approximately 1 inch apart without cutting all the way through leaving the bottom intact. Place onto pan.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together mayo, butter, Parmesan cheese, parsley, chives, garlic, onion powder and red pepper flakes. Add cheese, mix well.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly between slices. Spritz a second piece of foil with baking spray and cover bread tightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove top foil baking for 5 minutes longer until the top is golden.
- Serve immediately as a side dish or as an appetizer with pizza sauce for dipping.