These super easy Garlic Cheese Rolls are a cinch to make using frozen yeast roll dough. They’re a buttery cheesy extravaganza ready for dipping in pizza sauce or served alongside your favorite pasta entrees.
Easy Garlic Cheese Rolls Recipe
These rolls are the kind you can put together quickly thanks to the convenience of frozen dough found in the freezer section of the grocery store. I’ve served them as a snack on game day, as an appetizer when entertaining and as the featured bread alongside spaghetti, baked penne or any Italian inspired entrée. There’s no wrong way to enjoy cheese stuffed garlic butter rolls.
Helpful Tips for Making Cheese Stuffed Rolls
- The rolls used for this recipe are unbaked rounds of yeast dough. You can use your favorite brand of frozen dough or one that’s readily available in your market.
- I used cubes of colby-jack cheese in these rolls. You can certainly adapt using mozzarella, cheddar, Gruyere, Monterey jack or any gooey flavor of cheese that you enjoy.
- I bake these in a muffin pan so that each rolls bake in a similar shape and size. You could bake them side by side in a round 9 x 9 inch springform pan or a square pan or oven safe skillet, if that’s your preference. When doing so, please note that the baking time may vary.
- I like serving these with warm, pizza sauce for dipping. You could also serve them with marinara sauce or ranch dip. That said, they don’t require any sort of dip, they’re quite delicious on their own.
Other Cheese Bread Recipes to Add to the Menu
Bread is always on the menu in some form regardless of the time of day. Other bread recipes you may enjoy making:
- Cheesy Garlic and Herb Bread made with a loaf of inexpensive bread from the grocery store bakery.
- Tear and Share Cheesy Italian Bread Twists for dipping in alfredo or marinara sauce.
- Gooey Pepper Jack Cheese Bread with bacon.
- Pull apart Mozzarella Cheese Garlic Bread requires no bread making at all.
- Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items
Easy Garlic Cheese Rolls
- 12 frozen unbaked yeast rolls thawed but still cold
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese OR colby jack or mozzarella cheese
- 36 1/2 inch cubes colby jack cheese
- Brush the bottom and sides of a 12 count muffin tin cups with melted butter. Reserve the rest for brushing rolls just before baking.
- Let frozen rolls stand at room temperature for 15 minutes OR just until thawed but still cold.
- On a non stick surface, flatten dough into a 3 inch round. Place 3 cubes of cheese into center then bring edges together and pinch to seal.
- Place seam side down in muffin cups. Repeat until all rolls are filled. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Warm remaining butter to melt. Mix Parmesan, parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic into butter. Brush tops and sides of rolls with butter mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately as an appetizer or a side dish with pizza sauce for dipping.