30 minute entrees like these Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs are a cook's best friend. The homemade honey mustard glaze chars beautifully while grilling adding so much flavor. Serve them with your favorite side dishes for a meal the family is certain to love.
Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs
Honey mustard ranks high on the list of favorite dipping sauces at our house. In fact, my youngest son loves honey mustard so much he dips french fries in it instead of ketchup. It's the perfect match-up for these chicken thighs that I picked up on sale this past week as a featured sale item at my local market. Chicken thighs have so much flavor and the butcher had already done all of the work removing the skin and bone making them even easier to prepare.
Take the Time to Marinade for Optimum Flavor
After an overnight marinade with fresh lemon juice and rosemary from my herb garden the pieces plumped-up nicely. It's as simple as giving the chicken thighs a quick sear on a grill pan and generously slathering each piece with the 3-ingredient glaze. The honey mustard glaze lends a beautiful spicy-sweet coating that makes this chicken finger lickin' good. I love serving this over rice pilaf or with a side of potato casserole and green beans but, the sky is the limit with accompaniments. When you catch chicken thighs on sale as I did, it's the perfect time to give these a whirl. Another great recipe using chicken thigh you may like to try Easy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs from Diethood.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 2 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup sweet onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 clove garlic. minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup honey plus 1 Tbsp divided
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Mix together the onion, lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, minced garlic, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Place chicken in a plastic gallon size bag and pour the marinade on top. Seal tightly and shake to coat. Marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- To prepare: Whisk together the spicy brown mustard, honey and mayonnaise until blended. Set aside.
- Heat a couple of drizzles of olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and discard the marinade. Sear the chicken on both sides cooking for 1-2 minutes per side.
- After searing, liberally brush the glaze onto the chicken each time you turn the pieces. Cook for an additional 4 minutes total on each side or until the juices run clear. Adjust the cooking time depending on the thickness of the chicken thighs.
- Remove to a platter to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve over a bed of wild rice or smashed potatoes.
Good recipe overall, glaze was really nice and did well on the grill. I did not have time for an overnight marinade at the time, so I put all the other ingredients together with 1/3 cup soy and a couple dashes rice vinegar to marinate for 30 minutes. It was a nice variation!
Delicious, mouthwatering recipe! Made it tonight, added a little honey smoked BBQ sauce to my marinade for a smokier flavor and baked in the oven since I don't have a grill pan...turned out beautifully! I will definitely be making this again, thank you for posting.
Nicole, I love your adaptation and I'm delighted you enjoyed this recipe. Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know.
Thank you Stephanie Bon Appétit!
Stephanie @ Plain Chicken
This looks amazing! Pinning so I can try this next week!
Oh yeah, I'm like your son. I'll dip just about anything in honey mustard. Great recipe, and I love that it's a quickie!
Oh yeah. 30-minute entrees have saved me from dinner disasters countless of times. I love this chicken recipe. It does look finger-lickin' good!