Thirty minute entrees like these Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs are a lifesaver on a hectic day. The homemade honey mustard glaze chars beautifully while grilling adding so much 6to the overall flavor. Serve them with your favorite side dishes for a meal the family is certain to love.
Easy Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs Recipe
Honey mustard ranks high on the list of favorite dipping sauces at our house. In fact, it’s often used in place of ketchup for dipping french fries. It’s the perfect match-up for these chicken thighs. Chicken thighs have so much flavor and the butcher had already done all of the work removing the skin and bone making them even easier and quicker to prepare.
How to Make the BEST Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs: Boneless skinless chicken thighs, onion, rosemary, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper, garlic, honey, spicy brown mustard and mayonnaise.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Grill pan or outdoor gas grill, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and chopping board, medium bowl, small bowl and whisk.
- Take the Time to Marinade for Optimum Flavor. It’s important to allow the chicken ample time to absorb all of the yummy flavors of the marinade. I prefer overnight but at least 4 hours is best.
- This chicken can be grilled on medium high heat on an outdoor gas grill or on the stovetop using a grill pan.
- You could use whole grain mustard in place of spicy brown mustard, if desired.
- Begin cooking by searing the chicken on a hot grill pan or grill. Baste with the honey mustard sauce while it’s cooking.
- This technique is as simple as giving the chicken thighs a quick sear on a grill pan and generously slathering each piece with the 3-ingredient glaze. The honey mustard glaze lends a beautiful spicy-sweet coating that makes this chicken finger lickin’ good.
- Serving ideas: This chicken is delicious paired with Teriyaki Rice Pilaf or with a side of Mashed Potato Casserole and Homestyle Green Beans and Potatoes but the sky’s the limit with accompaniments. When you catch chicken thighs on sale as I did, it’s the perfect time to give these a whirl.
- Store Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave or in an air fryer.
More Easy Chicken Recipes to Make
- This Grilled Chicken Sandwich can be topped with your favorite sandwich fixings.
- Chicken Piccata is a restaurant favorite you can make at home.
- Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Chicken Breasts only requires 4 ingredients to make!
- Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken is a better than takeout rockstar.
- Yogurt marinated Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are tender and juicy.
- The family will flip for these Pineapple Glazed Jerk Chicken drumsticks.
- Honey Glazed Chicken Kabobs from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 2 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup sweet onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 clove garlic. minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup honey plus 1 Tbsp divided
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- To make the Marinade: In a medium bowl, mix together the onion, lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, minced garlic, salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp honey.
- Place chicken thighs into a plastic gallon size bag and pour the marinade on top. Seal tightly and shake to coat. Marinate in the fridge for several hours(at least 4 hours) or overnight.
- To prepare the Honey Mustard Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, spicy brown mustard and mayonnaise until blended. Set aside.
- Heat a couple of drizzles of olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and discard the marinade. Sear the chicken on both sides cooking for 1-2 minutes per side. (If grilling, heat the grill to medium-high heat, then lower the heat to medium after adding the chicken.)
- After searing, liberally brush the glaze onto the chicken each time you turn the pieces. Cook for an additional 4 minutes total on each side or until the juices run clear. Adjust the cooking time depending on the thickness of the chicken thighs.
- Remove to a platter to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve over a bed of wild rice or smashed potatoes.