These single serving Mini Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Meatloaves are ideal for busy day meals. They’re made with lean ground beef, sweet onion and a tasty blend of seasonings. Add plenty of sharp cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon to give these wonders a smoky edge. After being topped with a sweet barbecue glaze they’re baked in half the time it would take to prepare an entire meatloaf making it possible to enjoy comfort food any day of the week.
Easy Mini Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Meatloaves Recipe
To me, meatloaf is consummate comfort food. It’s just on of those down home dishes I grew-up eating and my boys love meatloaf, too. Whether you’re planning on a full-size meatloaf or these mini meatloaves, they can be prepared in advance, then chilled until you’re ready to bake just before serving. It’s super simple to make these mini meatloaves in advance then mix together the meatloaves, shape and refrigerate until you’re ready to prepare dinner. The only thing left to do is, glaze and bake. Serve them hot or make a tasty meatloaf sandwich or sliders for lunch the next day. It’s a comforting and filling meal in a snap on any day of the week.
How to Make the Best Mini Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Meatloaves
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Mini Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Meatloaves: Lean ground beef, cooked and crumbled bacon, chili sauce, buttermilk, worcestershire sauce, minced onion, shredded cheddar cheese, panko breadcrumbs, large eggs, barbecue seasoning, yellow mustard, seasoned salt and granulated garlic.
- For the tomato glaze you’ll need: Reserved chili sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, barbecue seasoning and yellow mustard.
- You can use classic light brown sugar in the glaze or Splenda brown sugar blend to decrease the sugar content.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A sheet pan or 13 x 9 inch baking dish for baking the meatloaves, large mixing bowl, a skillet to cook the bacon, a cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, a sharp knife and cutting board, a large silicone spatula or spoon to mix everything together.
- I like cheddar cheese in these mini meatloaves and I always have it on hand. You could adapt using colby jack, monterey jack, pepper jack or any variety of cheese that you enjoy.
- These mini meatloaves can be assembled one day in advance and placed into an airtight container and chilled in the refrigerator. Wait and add the glaze to the tops just before baking.
- If you’re in a hurry, you can go straight to the meatloaf sandwich and serve these on toasted hamburger buns or Texas Toast.
- Store leftover Mini Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Meatloaves in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat gently in the microwave in single servings or in a 350°F air fryer just until heated through.
- You can also enjoy meatloaf cold on sandwich bread or buns.
Southern Style Side Dishes to Serve with Mini Meatloaves
- Meatloaf is consummate comfort food and goes incredibly well with Buttermilk Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Honey Yeast Rolls for serving on the side.
- Homestyle Macaroni Salad is a make ahead option.
- Scalloped Potatoes are made from scratch and feature a delicious homemade sauce.
- Sweet Pea Salad is a tasty old school side dish that’s simply delicious.
- Easy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese.
- This Layered Cornbread Salad is as tasty as it is colorful.
- You may also like to checkout my Parade article featuring 16 Ways To Make Meatloaf the Ultimate Comfort Food
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Mini Barbecue Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaves
- 2 lb lean ground beef [90/10]
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 12 oz bottle chili sauce (i.e. Heinz) divided
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small sweet onion minced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 Tbsp barbecue seasoning
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or 2 clove fresh garlic minced
- Remaining chili sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2-1 tsp barbecue seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the beef, bacon, 1/2 bottle chili sauce, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, onion, cheese, breadcrumbs, eggs, BBQ seasoning, mustard, seasoned salt and garlic. Mix until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and form into oval loaves.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining chili sauce with brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and BBQ seasoning to make the glaze.
- Spread 1/2 of the glaze onto the loaves before baking. (Reserved glaze to be used at the end of baking)
- Bake for 23-25 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining glaze in the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.