These single serving Mini Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Meatloaves are ideal for busy day meals. They're made with lean ground beef, sweet onion and a tasty blend of seasonings. Add plenty of sharp cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon to give these wonders a smoky edge. After being topped with a sweet barbecue glaze they're baked in half the time it would take to prepare an entire meatloaf making it possible to enjoy comfort food any day of the week.
Easy Mini Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Meatloaves Recipe
To me, meatloaf is consummate comfort food. It's just on of those down home dishes I grew-up eating and my boys love meatloaf, too. Whether you're planning on a full-size meatloaf or these mini meatloaves, they can be prepared in advance, then chilled until you're ready to bake just before serving. It's super simple to make these mini meatloaves in advance then mix together the meatloaves, shape and refrigerate until you're ready to prepare dinner. The only thing left to do is, glaze and bake. Serve them hot or make a tasty meatloaf sandwich or sliders for lunch the next day. It's a comforting and filling meal in a snap on any day of the week.
How to Make the Best Mini Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Meatloaves
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Mini Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Meatloaves: Lean ground beef, cooked and crumbled bacon, chili sauce, buttermilk, worcestershire sauce, minced onion, shredded cheddar cheese, panko breadcrumbs, large eggs, barbecue seasoning, yellow mustard, seasoned salt and granulated garlic.
- For the tomato glaze you'll need: Reserved chili sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, barbecue seasoning and yellow mustard.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A sheet pan or 13 x 9 inch baking dish for baking the meatloaves, large mixing bowl, a skillet to cook the bacon, a cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, a sharp knife and cutting board, a large silicone spatula or spoon to mix everything together.
- These mini meatloaves can be assembled one day in advance and placed into an airtight container and chilled in the refrigerator. Wait and add the glaze to the tops just before baking.
- Store leftover mini meatloaves in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat gently in the microwave or enjoy as a meatloaf sandwich on a toasted hamburger bun or kaiser roll.
Southern Style Side Dish Recipes to Serve with Mini Meatloaves
Meatloaf is consummate comfort food and goes incredibly well with Buttermilk Ranch Mashed Potatoes and Homestyle Macaroni Salad. You may also like to try my recipes for Scalloped Potatoes and Sweet Pea Salad. If you're in a hurry, you can go straight to the meatloaf sandwich and serve these on toasted buns or Texas Toast. For the true meatloaf fans, you may also like to checkout my Parade article featuring 16 Ways To Make Meatloaf the Ultimate Comfort Food and these cute Meatloaf Muffins from Love Bakes Good Cakes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Mini Barbecue Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaves
- 2 lb lean ground beef [90/10]
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 12 oz bottle chili sauce (i.e. Heinz) divided
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small sweet onion minced
- 1 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon barbecue seasoning
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or 2 clove fresh garlic minced
- Remaining chili sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½-1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the beef, bacon, ½ bottle chili sauce, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, onion, cheese, breadcrumbs, eggs, BBQ seasoning, mustard, seasoned salt and garlic. Mix until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and form into oval loaves.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining chili sauce with brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and BBQ seasoning to make the glaze.
- Spread ½ of the glaze onto the loaves before baking. (Reserved glaze to be used at the end of baking)
- Bake for 23-25 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining glaze in the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Is BBQ seasoning the same thing as a rub?
Yes, you can use any barbecue seasoning or rub that you enjoy. Just consider the amount of sodium, it varies wildly from brand to brand.
Can these meatloaves be frozen before baking? I would like to make 4 and freeze a few for busy days.
Yes, you can freeze these, sure.
I assume you add the crumbled bacon to the beef mixture even tho the recipe doesn't mention it in the instructions. My granddaughter loved these!
Hi Joanne, it's there. I'm so happy she loved these!
My family loves these on kaiser rolls. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
That's brilliant. I don't blame them, a meatloaf sandwich is one of the best things ever!
The mini meatloaf idea is so brilliant, and these have such great flavor!
Valerie | Valerie's Kitchen
My boys LOVE mini meatloaves. These are so flavorful!
Lori @ RecipeGirl
These are the best- family favorite!
I would love to make this for a party that I am having this weekend. I love it when the portions are individual.
I love these mini meatloaves! The BBQ and the cheddar push them over the top!
Cathy @ Noble Pig
This is exactly what I want to eat today! Love the BBQ sauce on here.
So perfect for dinner at our house! I love that they are mini.
I love everything about these mini meatloaves, especially the bacon part!