These single serving Mini Barbecue Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaves are ideal for busy day meals. They’re made with lean ground beef, sweet onion and a tasty blend of seasonings. Add plenty of sharp cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon to give these wonders a smoky edge. After being topped with a sweet barbecue glaze they’re baked in half the time it would take to prepare an entire meatloaf making it possible to enjoy comfort food any day of the week.
To me, meatloaf is consummate comfort food. It’s just on of those downhome dishes I grew-up eating and my boys love meatloaf, too. Any size meatloaf can be prepared in advance, then chilled until you’re ready to bake. It’s super simple to make these mini meatloaves in advance then mix together the meatloaves, shape and refrigerate until you’re ready to prepare dinner. The only thing left to do is, glaze and bake. Serve them hot or make a tasty meatloaf sandwich or sliders for lunch the next day. It’s a comforting and filling meal in a snap on any day of the week.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Mini Barbecue Bacon-Cheddar Meatloaves
- 2 lb lean ground beef [90/10]
- 1  oz chili sauce divided
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 small sweet onion minced
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp barbecue seasoning
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or 2 clove fresh garlic minced
- Remaining chili sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2-1 tsp barbecue seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook and crumble the bacon.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the meatloaf ingredients using 1/2 of the chili sauce. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and form into oval loaves.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining chili sauce with the glaze ingredients.
- Use 1/2 of the glaze divided and drizzled on the loaves before baking. (Reserved glaze to be used at the end of baking)
- Bake for 23-25 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining glaze in the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.