New Potato Ham and Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Other Broccoli Cheese Recipes to Try
This classic combo is always a welcome site regardless of the form. It's no surprise that Panera's broccoli cheese soup is so popular with patrons. Dishes like my creamy broccoli cheddar soup made with sharp white cheddar cheese and broccoli cheese cornbread is a fan favorite. You may also like broccoli cheese dip from Wonky Wonderful.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
New Potato, Ham and Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 3 lbs red potatoes cut into bite size cubes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 lb cubed ham
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 10 ¾ oz can broccoli cheese soup
- 1 16 oz block 2% Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 0.4 oz package buttermilk dressing mix i.e. Hidden Valley
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 medium chopped green onions
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed french fried onions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Clean and separate the broccoli florets into small bite sized pieces. Blot the broccoli dry with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Cube the red potatoes into bite sized pieces leaving the peel intact. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the ingredients for the sauce.
- For the Velveeta, melt in a microwave safe bowl with ½ of the evaporated milk until smooth, then add to the sauce.
- Stir together the melted butter, remaining evaporated milk, broccoli cheese soup, buttermilk dressing mix, Dijon mustard. Season with additional salt and black pepper to taste.
- Toss in the diced potato, cubed ham, broccoli florets, green onions and 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove the from the oven, stir and sprinkle with the crushed onions and remaining shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Let the casserole sit for 10 minutes on the counter to allow the sauce to thicken before serving
Would you like to spice it up a little? Add cayenne pepper to the sauce base.