This Broccoli Cheese Chicken And Rice casserole is filled with fragrant yellow rice, steamed broccoli florets, seasoned rotisserie chicken and of course, lots of cheddar cheese. The fragrant seasoned rice adds another level of flavor to this creamy one-dish meal. Use a rotisserie chicken and assemble this casserole in advance then cover and chill and it’s ready to bake when you’re ready to eat.
Broccoli and Cheddar Go Together In Many Ways
This broccoli cheese chicken and rice casserole is cheesy good but, then again broccoli cheese anything is always a hot favorite at our house. My Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie, Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche are all-time family favorites. While I don’t often cook with creamed soups, in this dish that’s reminiscent of a chicken and rice dish my Mom made for us as kids and it really hits the spot. Everything in moderation, right? To round out the meal, add a salad and perhaps some freshly baked rolls or serve this cheesy goodness all on it’s own, it’s sure to fill hungry tummies without fail.
To Use Or Not To Use Creamed Soup
While I don’t often cook with creamed soups, in this dish that’s reminiscent of a chicken and rice dish my Mom made for us as kids and it really hits the spot. Everything in moderation, right? To round out the meal, add a salad and perhaps some freshly baked rolls or serve this cheesy goodness all on it’s own, it’s sure to fill hungry tummies without fail.
Other broccoli cheese dishes you may to see is this Asian inspired Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry, easy Sheet Pan Garlic Chicken and Broccoli and Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Soup for chilly day meals.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Broccoli Cheese Chicken And Rice
- 2 5 oz packages yellow rice i.e. Mahatmas cooked per package directions
- 1 10 oz can broccoli cheese soup
- 1 10 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 5 oz evaporated milk
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimiento (optional) drained
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 3 cups cooked rotisserie chicken roughly chopped
- 2 tsp rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 3 cups broccoli florets lightly steamed crisp tender
- 5 green onion thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook the rice per the package instructions just until tender then drain and cool. This can be done in advance, if desired. Do not overcook.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the broccoli cheese soup, cream of celery soup, mayonnaise, evaporated milk, pimientos, butter, rotisserie chicken seasoning, garlic salt and lemon pepper.
- Add the cooked rice, chopped chicken, 2 cups cheese, steamed broccoli and green onions. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour into the prepared dish, then sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until heated through and bubbly around the edge.
- Rest for 5-10 minutes, then serve.