These No-Bake Cinnamon Spice Crunch Bars are a spicy sweet treat that warms you from the inside out during the cool weather season. They’re a cross between fudge and cereal bars giving you a bite-size crunch when you’re in the mood for a little something sweet. They begin with cinnamon and white chocolate chips melted with butter and condensed milk then mixed with marshmallows and simmered together to form the “glue.” The simple addition of corn flakes adds the addicting “crunch” After the bars are set, cut into bite-size nuggets that are perfect for sharing with a friend.
Cinnamon baking chips are readily available year-round on the baking aisle at my local grocery store. It seems I gravitate to them most often when the weather turns cooler and the chill of Autumn is in the air. These no bake crunch bars are much like the crunchy no bake chocolate peanut butter bars I recently featured here on the blog and they’ve quickly became a fan favorite. This cinnamon spice version is unapologetically rich so, I recommend cutting them into bite-size pieces much like you would homemade fudge. The sweet warm cinnamon and white chocolate form the perfect coating for the corn flakes and the gooey marshmallow “glue” is the crowning touch.
See it at The Weekend Potluck here
No-Bake Cinnamon Spice Crunch Bars
- 1/2 cup salted butter plus additional for the pan
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 oz package white chocolate chips
- 1 10 oz bag cinnamon baking chips
- 25 large marshmallows Regular size not mini
- 1 12 oz box plain Corn Flakes
- Liberally butter the bottom and sides of a 9 x 9-inch non-stick baking dish with softened butter. Set aside. (Tip: You may also line the dish with aluminum foil first, then butter the foil to make the bars easier to remove when set.)
- In a heavy bottomed deep saucepan cook together 1/2 cup butter, sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate chips and cinnamon chips. Simmer stirring constantly over low heat until melted.
- Add the marshmallows. Continue to cook stirring until the marshmallows have completely melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the cereal. Quickly stir until the cereal pieces are completely coated. Press evenly into the pan.
- Allow to set for at least 4 hours to cool or overnight before cutting.
- Cut into 48 (1)-inch squares.
- Store tightly sealed chilled or at room temperature.