One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce is just the ticket at the end of a hectic day. It eliminates the need to use multiple pots and the homemade meat sauce blends with the pasta beautifully. Add a salad and garlic bread and voila, Italian night is ready to go in no time flat.
One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
I'm a busy Mom and just like you I'm always looking for ways to fill my boys up without a lot of fuss. That's code for using as few dishes as possible when making dinner, to make clean-up a breeze. That's precisely how this dish works. In it, the sauce ingredients are pureed in a blender and added to the cooked beef along with just the right amount of seasonings. Add dry spaghetti and continue to simmer until the pasta is tender.
Tips for Making One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- I recommend using a quality ground beef to begin so, there's little excess fat in the dish.
- You can also adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to suit your personal taste making it milder or hotter as desired.
- I usually leave the spaghetti whole but, you can break it if you like.
- There's no wrong way to add the pasta. Just be mindful when first adding it to take the time to work with it just a bit, to make sure it's fully submerged in the sauce before covering and simmering until tender. This will prevent it from clumping together.
Make a salad and warm homestyle garlic bread while the spaghetti is cooking and you'll be ready to go in no time. You may also like to try this recipe for One Pot Cheesy Italian Pasta Chicken from The Slow Roasted Italian.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion finely diced
- 1 ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Worcerstershire sauce
- 4 cups low sodium beef stock divided (plus additional as needed)
- 1 16 oz can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 2 8 oz cans Italian seasoned tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can Italian seasoned tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 lb dry thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add the olive oil, diced onion, garlic salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to a deep heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven. Cook over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Add the beef to the pan. Continue to cook over medium-high until no pink remains. Add the worcestershire sauce.
- Meanwhile, add 3 cups beef broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar and Italian seasoning to a stand blender. Puree until combined. Add to cooked beef. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to the pot mixing through the sauce. May break spaghetti, if desired. Cover and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, uncover and check the pasta for doneness, add reserved 1 cup stock. stir well. Continue to cook until pasta is al dente, adding additional broth if needed to loosen the sauce to your taste..
- Just before serving, add 2 Tbsp chopped parsley to the pot, mix well. Serve immediately garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and additional parsley, if desired.