One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce is just the ticket at the end of a hectic day. It eliminates the need to use multiple pots and the homemade meat sauce blends with the pasta beautifully. Add a salad and garlic bread and voila, Italian night is ready to go in no time flat.
Easy One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Recipe
I'm a busy Mom and just like you I'm always looking for ways to fill my boys up without a lot of fuss. That's code for using as few dishes as possible when making dinner, to make clean-up a breeze. That's precisely how this dish works. In it, the sauce ingredients are pureed in a blender and added to the cooked beef along with just the right amount of seasonings. Add dry spaghetti and continue to simmer until the pasta is tender.
How to Make the Best One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Recipe
Can you cook spaghetti with the sauce? You sure can! While it certainly isn't difficult to cook a big pot of pasta, this spaghetti recipe makes it unnecessary to do so. One pot literally mean using only one pot. In this case I used my 6 quart Dutch oven. You can use any similar size heavy bottomed pot that's roomy enough to fit a complete meal.
- Ingredients you'll need to make One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce: Lean ground beef, olive oil, diced onion, garlic salt and black pepper, red pepper flakes, dried Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce to enhance the flavor of the beef (optional) beef stock, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, grated Parmesan cheese, dry spaghetti and parsley for garnishing.
- I recommend using a quality ground beef to begin with so there's little excess fat in the dish.
- You can also adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to suit your personal taste making it milder or hotter as desired. You can also omit them altogether it that's your preference.
- I usually leave the spaghetti whole but you can break it in half if you like.
- There's no wrong way to add the pasta. Just be mindful when first adding it to take the time to work with it just a bit, to make sure it's fully submerged in the sauce before covering and simmering until tender. This will prevent it from clumping together.
- Store leftover spaghetti in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat in single portions in the microwave.
- Another spaghetti recipe you may like to try is my recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara that uses leftover ham in place of bacon. You can make it using bacon, too!
Southern Style Side Dishes to Serve with One Pot Spaghetti
To round out your meal, you may need a little side dish inspiration. Checkout these recipes that you may like to add to the menu:
- Make a Spinach Salad and have a big basket of warm Cheesy Garlic and Herb Garlic Bread while the spaghetti is cooking and you'll be ready to go in no time.
- A side of Roasted Panko Parmesan Broccoli would add color and crunch to the meal.
- A pretty Seven Layer Salad can be made in advance and is packed with vegetables, cheddar cheese and bacon all dressed with a simple homemade dressing.
- You may also like to try this recipe for One Pot Cheesy Italian Pasta Chicken from The Slow Roasted Italian.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
One Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion finely diced
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups low sodium beef stock divided (plus additional as needed)
- 1 16 oz can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 2 8 oz cans Italian seasoned tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can Italian seasoned tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tbsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 lb dry thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add the olive oil, diced onion, garlic salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to a deep heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven. Cook over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Add the beef to the pan. Continue to cook over medium-high until no pink remains. Add the worcestershire sauce.
- Meanwhile, add 3 cups beef broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar and Italian seasoning to a stand blender. Puree until combined. Add to cooked beef. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to the pot mixing through the sauce. May break spaghetti, if desired. Cover and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, uncover and check the pasta for doneness, add reserved 1 cup stock. stir well. Continue to cook until pasta is al dente, adding additional broth if needed to loosen the sauce to your taste..
- Just before serving, add 2 tablespoon chopped parsley to the pot, mix well. Serve immediately garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and additional parsley, if desired.
Mary Kay Vaughn
How should I adjust this to make it in a slow-cooker?
This recipe isn't designed for a slow cooker. I will add that to my "to do" list to add to the recipe index.
Toni | Boulder Locavore
Looks like this will be stapled dinner in my house! Tried it and it was a hit!
Love one pot meals! This is great for a family dinner at our house.
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes
Love that this is made all in one pot!
I have more hectic days than I care to admit! This recipe was perfect for my crazy schedule.
So much easier to do it all in one pot, and it tastes so comforting!
It looks delicious and thanks for sharing 🙂