These creamy Peanut Butter Crunch Bars are the kind of homemade candy that you can whip-up in no time flat. Cut them into bite-size servings to enjoy for special occasions, holiday snacking or any time when easy handheld sweet treats are in order.
Easy White Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars Recipe
The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is a tried and true favorite with kids of all ages. It’s definitely the case at our house. My youngest would have lived on nothing at all as a toddler if it hadn’t been for peanut butter. As a teenager, those days are behind us but, he will devour peanut butter pie or peanut butter cookies without any hesitation.
How to Make the Best Peanut Butter Crunch Bars Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Peanut Butter Crunch Bars: Crispy rice cereal i.e. Rice Krispies or similar, creamy peanut butter, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, heavy cream and chopped peanuts.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Large mixing bowl, large microwave safe bowl, 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch nonstick baking pan, measuring cups and spoons, large silicone non stick spatula, nut chopper or sharp knife and cutting board.
- You can use any brand of crispy rice cereal that you enjoy. A private label store brand in place of Rice Krispies will work fine.
- When making these peanut butter bars, I have found the combination of white chocolate and peanut butter together provides the most pleasing balance of flavor.
- White chocolate needs a little TLC when melting in the microwave. It’s best to heat in small increments and stop to stir frequently. This can take a few minutes so, be patient. You can also use the melt function on your microwave or cook in smaller increments depending on your appliance and how it performs.
- Alternatively, you can use a double boiler on the stovetop to melt the white chocolate, peanut butter chips, peanut butter and cream together.
- If you’d prefer to skip the peanuts or increase the amount of peanuts, there’s plenty of room for adjusting to your taste.
- Can you use crunchy peanut butter? Sure, but please note that it can make it harder to assess when the white chocolate and peanut butter chips are fully melted as it’s naturally chunky. For this reason, smooth peanut butter works best.
- Store Peanut Butter Crunch Bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
More Easy Recipes Using Peanut Butter to Make
Peanut butter is always among my pantry staples making it a go-to for savory dishes. sandwiches, snacking and desserts. Other recipes you may enjoy:
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with chopped peanuts for crunch.
- This stunning Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle is bound to be the hit of the dessert table.
- No baking required to make this Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars are another no bake option ideal for game day and picnics.
- Savory Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta can be served hot, warm or at room temperature.
- Classic Soft Peanut Butter Cookies are loved by kids of all ages.
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce from Southern Living.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped salted peanuts divided
- 1 11 oz package white chocolate chips
- 1 10 oz package peanut butter chips
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream plus additional as needed to thin
- Line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment or wax paper leaving a 1-2 inch overhang. Set aside.
- Mix together rice cereal with 1/2 cup peanuts in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt together the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, peanut butter and cream on 50% power (Medium) or using the melt feature for 1 minute.
- Stop and stir. Repeat in 30-40 second increments until completely smooth, stopping to stir each time. (If needed, add additional cream 1 Tbsp at a time to thin)
- Add melted chocolate-peanut butter to the bowl. Stir until ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread evenly into the pan. Sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup peanuts pressing gently into the top. Refrigerate for at least one hour or until set.
- Cut into 48 one inch pieces, or into your preferred size.
- Store chilled in an airtight container.
- White chocolate needs a little TLC when melting in the microwave. It's best to heat in small increments and stop to stir frequently. This can take a few minutes so, be patient. Alternatively, you can use a double boiler on the stovetop to melt the white chocolate, peanut butter chips, peanut butter and cream together.