The sweet and salty fans in your life will flip for these no bake Pretzel Ice Cream Sandwiches. Chocolate dipped flat pretzels form the foundation with vanilla ice cream sandwiched between. Add a sprinkling of peanuts and they're ready to eat in no time flat.
Pretzel Ice Cream Sandwiches are so Easy the Kiddos can Help
Are you someone who doesn't really like to bake? I've got great news, if you know how to work a microwave, then you can create these little chocolate dipped peanut topped chocolate dipped pretzel ice cream sandwiches. They are very easy to put together and they require only six ingredients to create. Pretzels form the foundation, the yummy flat variety Pretzel Crisps to be exact. If you love sweet & salty, these will knock your socks off. Guaranteed!
Helpful Tips for Making Pretzel Ice Cream Sandwiches
The prep is easy, so follow the simple steps and you can make these, too.
- You can have fun with these ice cream sandwiches, and get creative with the flavors.
- If you prefer a different nut other than peanuts, you can swap them out, no problem.
- You can melt the chocolate using a microwave or a double boiler, whichever you feel most comfortable with.
- You may also opt to fill the pretzels with ice cream and then dunking the whole thing in chocolate. Should you choose to do so, work quickly or the warm chocolate will melt the ice cream.
- You can use dark chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate for dipping.
- Why vegetable shortening? Because it will cause the chocolate harden more quickly, and will form a candy-like coating preventing the pretzel crisps from becoming soggy. It will also give the chocolate it's shine.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Turtle Ice Cream Pie, Frozen Raspberry Chocolate Pie and frozen Banana Pudding Bombe.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pretzel Ice Cream Sandwiches
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 2 ½ teaspoon vegetable shortening divided
- 24 whole original pretzel crisps
- ½ cup salted peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream
- heavy whipping cream as needed to thin
- Line a 17 x 11 inch baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or in the top of double boiler, melt together 2 cups chocolate chips and 2 teaspoon vegetable shortening. Heat in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time.Continue this process stirring vigorously until the chocolate is completely smooth and the consistency is such that it will form a thin coating on the pretzel crisps.
- If you need to thin the chocolate a bit more, I recommend adding heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time and stir until you reach the right consistency.
- Using two forks, dip each pretzel crisp into the melted chocolate covering completely. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off, then place flat side down on the wax paper. Place pan into the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Just before assembling, melt the remaining ½ cup of semi sweet chocolate chips with ½ teaspoon of vegetable shortening. Just as before, heat in 30 second increments stirring periodically, until the chocolate is completely smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Again, have heavy cream available, if needed.
- Before assembling, gather all of your ingredients so you can work quickly. Remove chocolate covered crisps from the freezer.
- Using a small 1 ounce ice cream scoop or a teaspoon, scoop 1 ounce of vanilla ice cream onto the flat side of one pretzel crisp. Place a second crisp, flat side down, on top of the ice cream to form the sandwich. Press down gently.
- Drizzle the top with melted chocolate, then sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Repeat this process with all of the ice cream sammies, and repeat again if you have extra chocolate and peanuts remaining.
- Return to the freezer for 30 minutes or until hardened and set.
- Store for up to one week frozen in an airtight container.
Why vegetable shortening? Because it will harden more quickly, and will form a candy-like coating preventing the pretzel crisps from becoming soggy. It will also give the chocolate it's shine.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3mg