This easy Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese recipe is a game changer. It features a technique that allows you to make gooey garlic and herb stuffed grilled cheese sandwiches for the entire family in one fell swoop.
Easy Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese Recipe
Grilled cheese sandwiches are a favorite to serve alongside soup, salad or for a quick lunch for the kiddos. This sheet pan variation is a fantastic way to be able to make them all at one time and it frees you up to prepare the rest of the meal. Whether it’s fresh vegetables with a side of Ranch for dipping, chips or whatever you fancy to go with your sandwiches. How to make Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese in the oven: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Prepare Pan – Heat oven to 450°F. Line a large sheet pan with heavy duty aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Butter Bread Slices – Spread 1 side of each bread slice evenly with softened butter. Arrange on pan buttered side down. Top each with one slice of colby jack cheese.
- Make Filling – In a small bowl, mix together garlic herb cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded Parmesan.
- Cheese Layer – Divide mixture evenly between bread slices and spread thinly leaving a 1/2 inch border. Top with second slice of cheese and final bread slice buttered side up.
- Bake – Bake per the recipe then broil until golden, turning to brown both sides.
How to Make the BEST Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese: 12 slices sourdough bread or Texas toast, 12 slices colby jack cheese, 6 ounce container of garlic and herb cheese spread i.e. Boursin or Alouette, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, shredded Parmesan cheese and butter.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large sheet pan, cheese grater, small mixing bowl, butter spreader or icing spatula, measuring cups and spatula for turning.
- To shave off some calories, you can use light butter, light Alouette cheese and light sliced cheese will work fine for this recipe.
- When spreading the filling, leave around a 1/4-1/2 inch border around the edge of the bread to give it room to spread. The amount of filling will also be relative to the size of the slices of bread that’s used.
- How to Make Grilled Cheese in an Air Fryer: Assemble the sandwiches per the recipe then place them into the basket of an air fryer. Cook at 360°F for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Flip the sandwich and continue cooking another 3-5 minutes or until the bread is crisped and golden and cheese has melted. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may be able to cook more than one sandwich at a time.
- You can make these Grilled Cheese in the oven, in a nonstick skillet on the stovetop or reheat in an air fryer as well. When doing so, cool at 350°F for 2 minutes, then flip and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Store Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Grilled Cheese and Bread Recipes to Make
- French Onion Grilled Cheese hits all of the same flavor points as the soup.
- Treat yourself to a loaf of Pimento Cheese Beer Bread or classic Beer Bread sliced and slathered with butter.
- Enjoy this Tear and Share Cheesy Italian Bread Twists with warm marinara sauce or pizza sauce for dipping.
- There’s nothing like a delicious Monte Cristo Sandwich dusted with powdered sugar and dipped in jam.
- Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Cornbread Loaf is certain to elevate your side dish menu.
- Pizza Grilled Cheese is perfection with soup or a salad for supper.
- Apple Grilled Cheese from Domestic Superhero.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure – If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 12 slices sourdough artisan sandwich bread OR Texas toast
- 12 slices colby jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6.5 oz container spreadable garlic and herb cheese i.e. Boursin or Alouette (Light versions of spreadable cheese works)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line a large sheet pan with heavy duty aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice evenly with softened butter. Arrange on pan buttered side down. Top each with one slice of colby jack cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic herb cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded Parmesan. Divide mixture evenly between bread slices and spread thinly leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Top with second slice of cheese and final bread slice buttered side up.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then turn the oven to broil. Broil for 2 minutes or until golden then use a spatula to turn and broil the other side for 2 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.