This stunning Pull Apart Christmas Tree Bread makes a pretty edible centerpiece for your holiday table. The rolls are stuffed with mozzarella cheese then basted with Italian seasoned butter before baking until beautifully golden and delicious.
Easy Pull Apart Christmas Tree Bread Recipe
The holidays present the ideal opportunity to have fun with your food! This pull apart Christmas Tree Bread is one such example and couldn’t be easier to make thanks to frozen dinner rolls. How do you make Christmas Tree Bread? First, begin with frozen unbaked dinner rolls, that are thawed, but still cold. Flatten them into a circle and place one piece of mozzarella cheese in the middle. Repeat with all of the rolls, and arrange on a large baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree. Melt butter, add seasonings then brush the bread all over before baking. Decorate with sprigs of fresh rosemary and cherry tomatoes for the ornaments, then serve immediately with a side of warm pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping. How to make simple cheese stuffed Christmas Tree Bread:
- Bread – Frozen yeast rolls (these are raw unbaked dough rounds i.e. Rhodes or similar).
- Cheese – Mozzarella cheese sticks cut into thirds (for 30 total).
- Butter – Salted butter, melted.
- Seasonings – Italian seasoning, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic and chopped fresh Italian parsley.
- Topping – Finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Decorations – Fresh rosemary sprigs and halved cherry tomatoes for garnishing.
- Serving Sauce – Warm marinara or pizza sauce for serving.
How to Make the Best Pull Apart Christmas Tree Bread
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Pull Apart Christmas Tree Bread: 30 raw frozen yeast dinner rolls i.e. Rhodes brand or similar, mozzarella cheese sticks, melted butter, dry Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, minced garlic, chopped Italian parsley, finely grated Parmesan cheese, sprigs of fresh rosemary and cherry tomato halves for garnishing. You’ll also need warm marinara sauce or pizza sauce for serving.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large sheet pan, a sharp knife and cutting board, pastry brush, measuring cups and spoons, a small microwave safe bowl to make the seasoned garlic butter.
- The dinner rolls used for this recipe are unbaked rounds of dough. You can use Rhodes brand or a similar brand that you enjoy.
- In the initial thawing, it’s important not to let them go too far and begin to rise. 10-15 minutes should be ample time to allow the dough to be workable so you can flatten and stuff with cheese. Think thawed but still cold.
- You can use a block of mozzarella cheese that’s been cubed in place of mozzarella cheese sticks. You could also use a different flavor of cheese, if desired.
- To make the top use a cookie cutter to cut the star into the shape you want for the tree topper. If you prefer an angel or another shape for your tree topper, go for it!
- Store baked Pull Apart Christmas Tree Bread wrapped in foil chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in single servings in the microwave.
More Easy Southern Bread Recipes to Make
Whether you’re planning a casual gathering with friends, cooking dinner for the family or looking for a gooey cheesy appetizer, I’ve got you! More delicious bread recipes you may also like to try:
- Cheesy Garlic and Herb Bread is made using a bread loaf from the grocery store bakery.
- Gooey Pepper Jack Cheese Bread is ideal for snacking on game day and parties.
- Pull Apart Cheesy Bread Wreath is filled with a pesto seasoned cheese filling.
- Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread is impossible to resist.
- Easy No Knead Yeast Rolls will turn you into a believer of no knead bread.
- Cheddar Chive Spoonbread is moist and couldn’t be easier to make.
- This recipe for Cheese Rolls is a savory bread made like cinnamon rolls.
- Gluten Free Dinner Rolls from Iowa Girl Eats.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pull Apart Christmas Tree Bread
- 30 frozen unbaked yeast rolls (these are unbaked dough rounds i.e. Rhodes or similar) (plus one additional for the star)
- 10 (4 inch) mozzarella cheese sticks cut into thirds (for 30 total)
- 6 Tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1-2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2-3 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh rosemary sprigs and halved cherry tomatoes for garnishing
- 2 cups warm marinara or pizza sauce for serving
- Thaw rolls on counter for 10-15 minutes just until thawed but still cool to the touch. Line a large sheet pan with parchment.
- On a non-stick surface, press each piece of dough into a 2 circle. Center one piece of mozzarella in the dough. Pull sides of dough together and pinch together to seal. Repeat process until all rolls are filled shaping into even rounds.
- Arrange rolls seam side down on pan side by side, touching. Begin with 2 rolls side by side to form the base of the tree, then a row of 7 rolls, 6 rolls, 5 rolls, 4 rolls, 3 rolls, 2 rolls and 1 roll for the top. To make the star, flatten one roll and cut into a star shape with a cookie cutter, place on top of single roll or place alongside the tree without touching, on the pan. Cover and let rise in a draft free place for 1 hour.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, mix together melted butter, Italian seasoning, salt, red pepper flakes and minced garlic. Brush rolls on all sides liberally using a pastry brush. Reserve half for after baking. Mix some of the chopped parsley with reserved butter. (Reheat butter for a few seconds in microwave if it solidifies and cools while the rolls bake)
- Bake Christmas tree for 20-22 minutes or just until golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven and brush with reserved butter and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and remaining chopped parsley.
- Decorate with sprigs of rosemary and cherry tomato halves then serve immediately with warm marinara sauce or pizza sauce for dipping.