This gooey stuffed Pull Apart Cheesy Bread Wreath is an edible centerpiece that's guaranteed to bring holiday flair to the table this Christmas.
Easy Pull Apart Cheesy Bread Wreath Recipe
Frozen dough has a myriad of uses. It takes the bread making out of the equation for this recipe and there are several quality brands that are readily available in the freezer section of grocery stores. In this instance, they're used to make this gooey pull apart bread and it works like a charm. The holidays can be stressful for us all, but pretty edible centerpieces like this cheesy bread wreath, don't have to be.
How to Make the Best Pull Apart Cheesy Bread Wreath Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Pull Apart Cheesy Bread Wreath: Thawed unbaked frozen yeast rolls (uncooked dough), shredded mozzarella cheese, prepared basil pesto, chive and onion cream cheese, melted butter, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, chopped parsley, fresh rosemary and cherry tomatoes. You'll also need warm pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A medium bowl, a small bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a cheese grater, pastry brush, sharp knife and cutting board, large sheet pan and oven safe ramekin.
- This recipe begins with frozen unbaked yeast dough rounds that have been thawed, but are still cool to the touch. This will only take around 10-15 minutes on the counter. It's important you don't let them warm enough to begin rising before stuffing, for the best end result.
- The filling in this bread uses prepared basil pesto for a punch of flavor. I highly recommend that you choose a quality brand that you already enjoy, and you'll be good to go.
- The purpose of the ramekin is to hold the center while the rolls bake and preventing them from closing the center completely. It needs to be oven safe as it will bake right along with the bread wreath. Afterwards, fill it with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- The amount of garlic used in the butter can be adapted to your taste. For a little less garlic flavor, use one clove. Likewise, you can use more than 2 cloves, if garlic is your jam. Keep in mind, the pesto will also likely have a healthy dose of garlic included in the ingredients.
- Chive and onion cream cheese brings added flavor to the cheesy filling. If you prefer, you can use plain cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, instead.
- Serve these delicious rolls with warm marinara or pizza sauce on the side.
- Store baked Cheesy Bread Wreath wrapped in foil and chilled in the refrigerator. Reheat in single serving portions in the microwave.
Other Pull Apart Bread Recipes to Make
If your family is like mine, there's no wrong time of day or meal to have some sort of delicious bread on the menu. Other bread recipes you may like to try:
- This fan favorite and viral Pinterest sensation is this recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Rolls.
- Sweet Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Breadsticks with cream cheese glaze.
- Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Bread can be made in a loaf pan or in a springform pan.
- Decadent Praline Pecan Monkey Bread.
- Fiesta Party Loaf with plenty of bacon and served ranch for dipping.
- Pull Apart Meatball Sandwiches from Food Network.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pull Apart Cheesy Bread Wreath
- 24 frozen yeast rolls (unbaked raw dough rounds) i.e. Rhodes or similar
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup prepared basil pesto
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley divided use
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh rosemary sprigs and halved cherry tomatoes for garnishing
- 2 `cups warm marinara or pizza sauce for serving
- Thaw rolls on counter for 10-15 minutes just until thawed but still cool to the touch.
- Line a pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment. Place an oven safe ramekin in the center, spritz ramekin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together mozzarella, cream cheese and pesto until fully blended.
- On a non stick surface, press each dough round into a 2 ½-3 inch circle. Place about 2 teaspoons filling into the center. Pull sides of dough together and press to seal. Repeat process until all rolls are filled.
- Arrange rolls seam side down on pan ½ inch apart. Use 15 for the outer circle and 9 for the center around the ramekin. Cover and let rise in a draft free place for 1 hour. (It's important to leave space for rolls to rise)
- To bake: Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon parsley. Brush bread on all sides liberally. Reserve a small amount for after baking.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and puffed. Remove ramekin.
- Brush with additional butter mixture and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and reserved fresh parsley. Garnish with rosemary and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately with warm marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.