This Pepper Jack Cheese Bread with bacon and jalapenos is a party loaf of sorts. It’s made with a big fluffy loaf of bread that’s smothered with a cheese spread that uses mayonnaise and cream butter as a base with added fresh garlic and seasonings then a generous amount of bacon and pickled jalapenos for kick. Bake it open-faced and cut into slices to serve. It’s bound to become a regular request from the bacon and spice fans in your life.
Pepper Jack Cheese Bread with Bacon And Jalapenos
These days, grocery store bakeries are abundant with well stocked shelves and baskets filled with spectacular breads in every flavor. I would guess that French and Italian loaves are the most popular, since they seem to have more of those two than any of the others flavors. Not only are they popular but, there are endless uses for them.The best type of loaf to use for this bread is one of the large fluffy Italian loaves. It lends a fullness in texture that compliments the creamy pepper jack cheese spread.
The Sky’s the Limit with Serving Options for Cheese Bread
At times, I’ll serve this scrumptious cheese bread as a quick appetizer, but it’s also a tasty accompaniment for a steamy bowl of soup or a salad. You can have this cheese bread prepared and served in less than 20 minutes. More bread recipes you may like to try are these 18 Insanely Delicious Sweet and Savory Quick Breads on Parade.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pepper Jack Cheese Bread
Servings: 20 slices
- 1 large Italian bread loaf
- 5 green onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 2 cups shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack or mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapenos use more or less to your taste
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to broil. Cut the Italian loaf in half and place side by side on a baking sheet. Spread each half with 3 Tbsp of butter and place into the oven to lightly toast.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 Tbsp of butter in a skillet. Add green onions and garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes over medium high heat then remove from the stove.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sauteed garlic and onions with pepper jack, monterey jack, bacon, mayonnaise, jalapenos, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture between the two toasted bread halves, spreading from edge to edge.
- Return to the oven. Broil for 5 minutes or until the cheesy is golden and bubbly.
- Slice into desired size pieces and serve immediately.