This Pepper Jack Cheese Bread with Bacon And Jalapenos is a party loaf of sorts. It’s made with a big fluffy loaf of bread that’s smothered with a cheese spread that uses mayonnaise and cream butter as a base with added fresh garlic and seasonings then a generous amount of bacon and pickled jalapenos for kick. Bake it open-faced and cut into slices to serve. It’s bound tpo become a regular request from the bacon and spice fans in your life.
These days, grocery store bakeries are abundant with well stocked shelves and baskets filled with spectacular breads in every flavor. I would guess that French and Italian loaves are the most popular, since they seem to have more of those two than any of the others flavors. Not only are they popular but, there are endless uses for them.The best type of loaf to use for this bread is one of the large fluffy Italian loaves. It lends a fullness in texture that compliments the creamy pepper jack cheese spread. At times, I’ll serve this scrumptious cheese bread as a quick appetizer, but it’s also a tasty accompaniment for a steamy bowl of soup or a salad. You can have this cheese bread prepared and served in less than 20 minutes.
You may also like: 18 Insanely Delicious Sweet and Savory Quick Breads, Asiago Cheese Bread and Individual Garlic Cheese Breads.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pepper Jack Cheese Bread with Bacon And Jalapenos
- 1 large Italian loaf
- 5 finely chopped green onions
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 stick [1/2 cup] butter divided
- 2 cups shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapenos [more or less to your taste]
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled [to equal 2/3 cup]
- 1/4 tsp each salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to broil. Cut the Italian loaf in half and place side by side on a baking sheet. Spread each half with 3 Tbsp of butter and place into the oven to lightly toast. This will only take minutes, so, watch the bread closely.
- While the bread is toasting, melt the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter in a skillet. Add the chopped green onions and minced garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes over medium high heat then remove from the stove.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the sauteed garlic and onions with the remaining ingredients.
- Divide the mixture between the two toasted bread halves, and spread from edge to edge.
- Return to the oven. Broil for 5 minutes or until the cheesy is golden and bubbly.
- Slice and serve immediately.