This Pepper Jack Cheese Bread with bacon and jalapenos is a party loaf of sorts. It's made with a big fluffy loaf of bread that's smothered with a cheese spread that uses mayonnaise and cream butter as a base with added fresh garlic and seasonings then a generous amount of bacon and pickled jalapenos for kick. Bake it open-faced and cut into slices to serve. It's bound to become a regular request from the bacon and spice fans in your life.
Easy Pepper Jack Cheese Bread Recipe
These days, grocery store bakeries are abundant with well stocked shelves and baskets filled with spectacular breads in every flavor. I would guess that French and Italian loaves are the most popular, since they seem to have more of those two than any of the others flavors. Not only are they popular but, there are endless uses for them. The best type of loaf to use for this bread is one of the large fluffy Italian loaves. It lends a fullness in texture that compliments the creamy pepper jack cheese spread.
How to Make the Best Pepper Jack Cheese Bread Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Pepper Jack Cheese Bread: One large loaf of Italian bread, shredded pepper jack cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, chopped green onions, cooked and crumbled bacon, minced garlic, butter, chopped pickled jalapenos, salt and black pepper.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A large bread knife, chopping board and knife, mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper, a skillet to cook the bacon and a cheese grater.
- To expedite assembly, you can fully prepare the filling and slather it onto the bread, then wrap each half in plastic wrap and chill overnight. Allow a few minutes at room temperature while the oven preheats, then uncover and place it onto a sheet pan to bake. You may need to add 5-10 minutes to the baking time to allow it to heat all the way through.
- For this bread I find it's best to use pickled jalapenos instead of fresh. Fresh jalapenos will remain slightly crisp after baking and the pickled jalapenos blend better with the remaining ingredients.
- Store leftover Pepper Jack Cheese Bread chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave or on a sheet pan in a 350°F oven for a few minutes.
- You can also freeze this bread for up to one month.
When to Serve Pepper Jack Cheese Bread
- At times, I'll serve this scrumptious cheese bread as a quick appetizer, but it's also a tasty accompaniment for a steamy bowl of soup or a salad.
- You can have this cheese bread prepared and served in less than 20 minutes making it ideal as a side dish or an appetizer.
- You may also like to try this Homemade Cheese Bread from Sally's Baking Addiction.
More Southern Style Bread Recipes to Make
Whether you're looking for a side dish or an appetizer, here are a few recipes from the recipe index that you may also like to try:
- Cheesy Garlic and Herb Bread is always a winner for Italian night at home.
- Taco Stuffed Bread is an open faced option for Taco Tuesday.
- Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread is a fun option for game days and casual meals.
- Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks comes with a side of cream cheese dip.
- Italian Herb Beer Bread doesn't require any yeast.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed Bread is perfection for informal meals and parties.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you
Pepper Jack Cheese Bread
Servings: 20 slices
- 1 large Italian bread loaf
- 5 green onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup butter divided
- 2 cups shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded monterey jack or mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos use more or less to your taste
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to broil. Cut the Italian loaf in half and place side by side on a baking sheet. Spread each half with 3 tablespoon of butter and place into the oven to lightly toast.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tablespoon of butter in a skillet. Add green onions and garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes over medium high heat then remove from the stove.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sauteed garlic and onions with pepper jack, monterey jack, bacon, mayonnaise, jalapenos, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture between the two toasted bread halves, spreading from edge to edge.
- Return to the oven. Broil for 5 minutes or until the cheesy is golden and bubbly.
- Slice into desired size pieces and serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 351IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 1mg