Roasted Honey-Chipotle Sweet Potato Wedges
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4-1/3 cup honey plus add'l for drizzling
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray each liberally with cooking spray.
- Clean the sweet potatoes, then slice the whole potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Cut each slice in half to create the wedge. Place the potato wedges into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, orange juice, vegetable oil, dry chipotle pepper, paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Pour over the potato wedges and toss until they're evenly coated.
- Place the wedges cut side down, evenly spaced on the baking sheets. Then place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 450°F.
- Turn the wedges, then continue to bake for an additional 20-22 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of honey.
If you'd like to add more heat, you can increase the ground chipotle pepper to 1 tsp. I would suggest, you make the honey-chipotle coating as is then taste and sprinkle a little more on top if you'd like to add more spice.