These easy Rocky Road Brownie Cupcakes are a sweet handheld dessert topped with marshmallows, warm chocolate ganache and toasted almonds.
I begin this recipe with a good quality boxed brownie mix, because the toppings make these so decadent, no one will know or care.
- You can also make the brownies from scratch using my recipe for Ultimate Fudge Brownies. If you have a favorite homemade recipe, try it with these toppings to change it up a little.
- You could also use the recipe for Frosted Brownies omitting the frosting and topping them per the recipe, instead.
- It's well worth the small amount of effort to toast the almonds prior to assembling. The nutty flavor that it brings out is always a win.
- You don't have to bake these in cupcake liners. You can bake then place into liners for serving.
- You could also use silicone muffin cups to bake to prevent sticking.
- You may also like this Rocky Road Fudge recipe from Barefeet in the Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Rocky Road Brownie Cupcakes
- ½ cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1 18.3 oz package double chocolate brownie mix plus oil and eggs to prepare [i.e. Ghiradelli]
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup of heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange almonds on a baking sheet and toast for 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl prepare the brownies according to the instructions on the box. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups.
- Bake the brownie cupcakes for 23-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Remove from the oven and quickly place 8-10 marshmallows on top of each brownie cupcake. Return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes until the marshmallows begin to melt and brown. You can also broil, if preferred.
- Meanwhile, prepare ganache. Melt chocolate chips and cream together in a medium size microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Keep warm.
- To assemble: Remove brownie cupcakes from oven, after toasting marshmallows. Sprinkle each with slivered almonds. Drizzle with the warm chocolate ganache.
- Garnish with additional almonds, if desired. Serve warm.