These are the BEST Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Pudding Cookies you’ll ever eat. I know that’s bold but, they truly are that good. Moist chocolaty centers with just a bit of crunch around the edge and then that explosion of soft slightly melted chocolate chunk bliss in your mouth. One bite and you’re in chocolate chocolate chunk pudding cookie heaven. The kids will love ’em.
From scratch cookies are a treat bakers of all skill levels can master. As with any baking project, it takes practice and even sometimes failure to figure things out and get really good at it. There are slight variables with ingredient quality and ovens but, I assure you it can be done. Furthermore, why wouldn’t you want to? Baking from scratch be it fresh cookies, layer cakes, pies or cobblers really show the love in the small amount of effort that it takes to make them.
Freshly made cookie dough is incredibly forgiving and can be stored in the fridge or even frozen, if you like. When there’s cookie dough chillin’ in the fridge that means you can enjoy the luxury of freshly baked cookies any time. Fill your cookie jar with these cookies or you may consider keeping them all to yourself. It’s completely up to you.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4-oz box chocolate fudge or chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking sofa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 11.5-oz package chocolate chunks
- Using an electric mixer cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes until fluffy and light beige in color.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stop and scrape the side of the bowl as needed.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl sift together the flour, pudding mix, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter. Once all is added beat for 30 seconds or until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks by hand until evenly distributed in the dough.
- Place into an airtight container and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- To bake preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Roll the cookie dough in 1 1/2-inch balls and arrange on the baking sheet leaving at least 2-inches between each dough round. Using the palm of your hand flatten the centers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store tightly sealed at room temperature.